What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

LT1 F-body value

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 F-body value

I am looking for a very clean car that I will store winters and only drive in nice weather, and my budget is only about $5-6K. Still, it seems the nice 94-97 LT1's in my area have asking prices of $7-9K. Some on here say that you can get an LS1 for that price, but also, it seems all the LS1's (which I would PREFER) that are clean with low mileage have asking prices of $12-13K around here. Are these prices reasonable? What should I expect to pay for a 94-97 auto or 6-speed LT1 that is clean with low (under 50K) miles? thanks.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Default reply

Whats up man i have a 1995 Firebird Formula w/42,000 miles m6 a few taste full mods, blue in color, might consider selling within your budget, no t-tops, all power

pm me
Old 08-21-2009, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

You may be able to find a LT car for that price but it probably won't have he miles you're looking for or good condition. Here's mine I have posted. PM me if interested. This car is the cleanest LT1 I've seen and I'm not the only one saying that, everyone that sees it agrees. I'm obsessive compulsive about keeping it spotless and maintained.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...per-clean.html
Old 08-21-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverV6Camaro
I am looking for a very clean car that I will store winters and only drive in nice weather, and my budget is only about $5-6K. Still, it seems the nice 94-97 LT1's in my area have asking prices of $7-9K. Some on here say that you can get an LS1 for that price, but also, it seems all the LS1's (which I would PREFER) that are clean with low mileage have asking prices of $12-13K around here. Are these prices reasonable? What should I expect to pay for a 94-97 auto or 6-speed LT1 that is clean with low (under 50K) miles? thanks.
If you broaden your search and are willing to travel you will be able to pick up a nice decent mileage LT1 car within your budget, especially if you show up with CASH! You won't get a nice LS1 with low miles though. They are priced accurately. All you will get will be high mileage, mostly abused, LS1 examples unless you get extremely lucky. You get what you pay for in most all car purchases if you do your homework first. Spend an extra $300 for meals, gas, a motel room, and travel if you need to. It is well worth it, and half the fun of your car buying experience will be the road trip involved if it all works out. I've travelled 500 miles and 700 miles respectively for my last two cars. Don't limit yourself to local stuff. It might work out but this is too important a purchase to do that. Good luck!