What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 SS 345hp

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 SS 345hp

Alright my friend has a 2002 Camaro SS with 345hp from the factory. So it has the Blackwing, the center mount, and the Auburn. He's looking to sell it so we're trying to see how much he could reasonably ask for it. He's thinking $14,500 but I'm thinking that's a little high right now. But I'm also biased in that I may be interested in purchasing it myself so I want a fair, unbiased opinion so I don't screw him out of something myself or so he doesn't take bad advice from me to the open market. It is black on black, six-speed, and has just under 63K miles. The mods are as follows:

Comp Cams camshaft w/.650" beehive springs & chromoly pushrods
Harland Sharp rockers
LS2 timing chain
SLP ported LS6 pump w/ stiffer spring
Ported throttle body
Smooth air bellow
Hooker headers and off-road y-pipe
Texas Speed Rumbler exhaust
AMW catch can
Energy Suspension motor and tranny mounts
BMR weld-in subframe connectors
BMR boxed lower control arms w/bolt-in relocation brackets
BMR adjustable panhard rod
BMR springs
QA1 front shocks
slotted eBay rotors (supposedly from Brembo blanks)
Pro5.0 shifter

The car is not throwing any codes and is regularly maintained. It does have some of the signature GM rattles though. It has been in an accident but it was expertly repaired and no sign of damage can be seen. It still has a clear title. The paint is kind of crappy on the B-pillar but most of them are. Also the centermount has broken and has been rewelded. You can only tell if you really look but most people who buy a car like this care about that kind of stuff. The only other thing I can think of that's wrong with this car is the high-mount brake light lens is broken and a replacement is almost impossible to find. Well, let me know what you think.

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

His price isn't bad but there are a few issues (accidents and cosmetic issues still count as negatives on ANY car) that you mention that work in your favor. His BIG negative in selling at that price is the very limited market that has the cash to buy that beast. Let's face it, it is a young persons car with all those mods and who do you know that has that kind of cash on hand? Loans are still not that easy to get. $12,000 might be the best he can do but he has every right to test the market at whatever price he feels like. If you really want the car for yourself, be patient and I think you will own it in about 3 weeks time.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well in the department of people walking around with tons of money I'd say he may have that working in his favor. We live in a college town and there are probably lots of kids willing to toss down a chunk of their parent's change to own something like this. I'm in a difficult situation. I want him to get the most he can from it (without screwing someone) since he no longer wants it, but I helped with most of the mods done to it so I'd feel like I was losing a car if he got rid of it. So that's why I considered buying it. But since I don't need it, I don't feel obligated to offer a whole lot for it. But then I would also feel guilty if he accepts whatever meager amount I would offer. Maybe I'll just put an offer out there and let him test the market and only take my money if he decides he doesn't want to wait anymore. So there's no pressure. Well anyways, thanks for the opinion and more are welcome.