What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What's this SS clone worth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's this SS clone worth?

Just wondering what this car is worth?

Very Clean 1998 Bright Green Metallic Camaro Z28 (SS Clone) T-Top car with 92k Miles.

Runs like a top. Probably the best running LS1 I've seen/heard. It does not piston slap upon cold start, does not burn oil, nor does it lifter tick like most of these cars do.

Car has Brand New Chrome 17x9.5" ZR1 Wheels all the way around, and 245/45 BFG KDWS up front, and 275/40 BFG KDWS out back.

-Paint is 10/10.
-Interior is 9.5/10.

Mods:

~New Bright Green Metallic paint (Paint/Body are a 10/10. Several steps above a Factory Paint Job. Probably $5k worth of paint work.)
~Spotless Leather Interior (From a 30th Anniversary)
~SS Hood & Wing
~Brand New Chrome 17x9.5" ZR1's($1000 worth of New Wheels/Tires)
~Berger Tail Panel
~Whistler Modded Headlights
~Limo Tint on hatch & 20% on Side Windows
~SS sway bar
~New 4l65e with upgraded Sunshell Servo's and Bands
~B&M Progressive shift kit
~Brand New Circle D "+4C" Torque Converter with only 200 miles on it. Stalls right around 4k with all the bolt-ons. Billet Front Cover and Billet Piston. Has Anti-Ballooning Plates. Despite the higher stall drives great on the street. (Cost $900 new alone)
~Heavy Duty Trans Cooler
~10 bolt Differential w/ 3.42 Gear
~160 Thermostat
~1 3/4" Primary Jet Hot Longtubes
~Custom 2.5" True Dual Exhaust with H-Pipe dumped before rear axle w/Dynomax Bullets
~MTI High flow air lid w/K&N air filter
~New Black MSD Wires
~New NGK TR55 spark plugs
~Ported Throttle Body
~Smooth Bellow
~Factory Monsoon

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2010, 04:17 AM
Teching In

RETRACTED STUPID STATEMENT, epic fail sorry guys, ill pay closer attention next time

Last edited by 1972ChevelleSS; 04-13-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Did I miss something? V6????
Anyway, for the OP if you are still around after that one answer, the buyer of any car should not pay too much for mods and improvements that the seller did for himself or for selling purposes. Look at the 'sticky' for value on mods. The paint is a real plus but the car is still worth 'book value' with those kind of miles. If you or someone else loves the car (color, performance, mods) paying a bit higher than actual value is OK but one should never pay too much because the day will come to re-sell and it might cause too much of a burn in the wallet (unless the car is kept for many years).
Old 04-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Teching In

OH damn, my bad, I read till SS Clone therefore i thought you had a 6 cylinder, apologies thats what i get for skimming ^NCO1TA gave you a good response the aftermarket parts dont add as much value to the car unless it just happens that you stumble upon a person that desires that specific setup. With that being said they do add some value, I had recently purchase a '95 firehawk that had $20,000 worth of receipts to for a lingenfelter(sp?) stroker kit and some suspension mods, i bought the car for $10k and sold if for close to it. It had 77k miles and was in mint shape. Dyno'd 365rwhp and 410rwtq

Quick Reply: What's this SS clone worth?