What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 WS-6 with 4k miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2000 WS-6 with 4k miles

I just purchased a Cherry Red WS-6 with 3879 on the clock. I just took the plastic of the back seats and it still has the new car smell 10 years later, its amazing. But while I was looking it up on NADA and Kelly Blue Book the highest price for all the options and mileage is 13k, there is no way that is correct. Does anyone know what the value of the car is?

Thanks Frank
Old 04-21-2010, 04:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

Yeah, this is a regular problem with KBB and most 'books', They don't allow for ultra-low mileage in their calculations. I've addressed this issue many times in the past. Your car is considered a 'premium' car, a car that can sell for whatever someone is willing to pay for it. When you can find those rare gems, like the the one you have, the asking price goes right up to $30,000 and sometimes above. Most people will not pay that much but realistically a price in the low 20's ($20,000 to $24,000) will get a buyer for that car. It wouldn't be an instant sale and it even could take months to move, but it will. There are always collectors looking for 'showroom' type cars or someone that always wanted a 'new' one but couldn't afford it at the time. Ebay, Hemmings, Autotrader, will get their attention. I deal regularly with collectors and this is the way it works. Any cars with ultra-low miles get 'premiums' added on to retail pricing. Throw out the pricing guides. For the lucky few that can 'steal' these low mileage gems, more power to them, but never expect it.
This is OT but just to give you another example how far off the price guides can be from the real world of collector quality car pricing, I also closely follow the sales of air-cooled Porsches which ended production in 1998. I have for over a decade now since I own one. Excellent examples sell for DOUBLE what KBB and others have them listed for at 'retail'. They are not even close. They just see 'old' 90's cars and price them accordingly with little regard to ownership, desireability and obviously real world pricing.
Enjoy your NEW ride!!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Thanks man let me know if you know anyone looking for one.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

May I ask why are you are thinking about selling if you just bought it? Or was it just an investment thing to 'flip'?
Old 04-24-2010, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what you paid for the car, so I hope this response doesn't uspet you. I imagine that car went for 31-32k new? If I were in the market to get a car like yours it would be because I wanted one when it was new and also when I could not afford one (like the other guy said). I would pay a premium because it is still in new condition. I would consider paying 20-22k. --- BUT this is only if I wanted that particular color, year, trans combination. The general public won't give a crap about what its really worth (they look at KBB value and thats that!). I haven't seen the car in person, but if its in perfect shape, and I mean perfect, it might go for 23-24k to a collector. i think you would have to sit on it for a while before it gets there.
On the other hand - selling it to a world of average joes - you should get easy 16-17.5k.
I hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Yea thanks guys I do NOT plan on selling it at all, I just was hoping to get a number that it would sell for if it went up for sale today, you never know what tomorrow brings and what sacrifices you will have to make in order to survive thats the only reason why I was asking.

Thank you