What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

98 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Camaro SS

Just curious as to what it may be worth. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about the possibility of selling it for a DD or a bike, but I can't bring myself to it once I sit in it and start it up. Any way the details

1998 Camaro SS Black on Black w/ 35th Anniversary Wheels (polished outside, black inside) riding on Forteza fronts and Nitto 555r drag radials in the rear
Paint is decent, has a mark on the front bumper where someone backed into it (quoted $200-300 fix, about the size of a half dollar), has minor paint bubble on hatch near key hole (quoted <$50 fix, dime sized), 2 small dents on passenger rear quarter (no quote on this, both together are dime sized) all of this was done prior to my purchase. Quote I got for a total respray and fixing all the imperfections was $2500-3000. Since I purchased it I've noticed the infamous sail panel bubbling issue. Made me sick to my stomach and somewhat fueled the fire to sell it.

As for mods, these were all done prior to my purchase

Has a 2002 LS1 motor from an SS (not sure why it was changed but was prior to the person I bought it from buying the car)
LT-Pacesetter
ORY
SLP Loudmouth Cat Back
SLP MAF
F13 cam (230/232 .598" .586")
patriot gold valve springs
Texas speed ported ls6 oil pump
ls2 timing chain
slp lid/ smooth bellow
eldebrock torque arm
lakewood rear control arms
Sub Frame connectors
strano springs
kyg front adjustable struts
tick performance clutch adjustable master cylinder

Was dyno tuned in Ohio, I have the shop name somewhere as well as the dyno sheet, but it put out 397 HP with around 375 torque, if I remember correctly.

Mileage is around 82,xxx
Passes PA emissions and safety inspection

Again I just curious if I got a good deal and to see what I could possibly get out of it if I decide to get rid of it. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Post some pictures. Idk if I missed it, but is it an automatic or a M6?
Old 07-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Teching In

M6, lets see if this works

Old 07-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Teching In

I say you keep it! Thats a nice ride. How much did you get it for?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Teching In

this is one of my friends old rides, you got it off zach, that car pulls hard as hell and sounds sick. if you ever wanna sell it back to ohio let me know.
dyno tune motor sports is where it was tuned by brian.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Teching In

You are correct. I drove out from Pittsburgh to test drive it and was sold the minute he started it. Zach was straight forward about it too, which made it a pretty smooth process with getting it back to PA. Not sure yet if I want to sell it or not, but if I do, I'll let you know.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Bump this back to the top. I'm back on the fence about getting rid of it, especially only getting to drive it 3k miles in over a year. I think its time for a house, followed closely by a first generation to fill the garage. Current mileage is 85,000, so given the current market what do you think would be reasonable without giving it away? I'm not really in a rush to get rid of it, so I could sit on it awhile till I got a decent offer. Friend at work is selling his 98 Z28 with 50,000 miles in NBM, A4, torque thursts and upgraded rear axle. He's asking 13.5K but has no interest. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 98 Camaro SS