What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 ss camaro- turbo charged

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 ss camaro- turbo charged

hey guys my son just got this car in on trade. its a 2000 turbo charged ss camaro with ls-1 motor, the car only has54,000 actual miles on it, it has a wolfe 10-point cage,2800 stall,auto trans,t tops,nice interior, grey in color.has new tires w/ zo6 corvette wheels.full sub-frame connectors,q-a1 coil overs on front,qa1 10 way adj shocks on rear,373 gears,72 mm-turbo. its fast as hell, runs like a raped ape, now for the bad its got a salvage or previous damage title. the guy we got it from said his son run into a ditch with water,so the insurance says flood damage,he bought it back fron the ins company, drove it for a year , son said he might trade it for the right deal looking for 2000 or newer 4door truck prefer 4x4 let dont have email set up yet so please call my cell 870-882-1722 we live in arkansas. thanks bryan son just called said it really needs bigger injectors and a good tune
Old 08-14-2010, 04:08 AM
Teching In

pics, and price would help
Old 08-14-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Salvage title really hurts the value. I'd guess it's worth about half of a clean title. You'll need to find a cash buyer if you want to sell, and take personal or other than auto loan if you need to finance it. Finance really limits the resale market.

On the plus side, you will save lots of money up front. I've rebuilt a few salvage cars for my wife. The best deals are almost new cars that are kept for 4 or more years. At that point, depreciation brings the salvage title value withing a few thousand dollars of a clean title, and you've saved 10+ thousands up front. Less if someone else does the rebuilding. Still it's a great way to get into a late model car for less.

I'd thoroughly inspect the he car, or have someone you trust to inspect the car before purchase. I've seen some hack repairs, sometimes even with clean titles, that look great until you look a little deeper.

Quick Reply: 2000 ss camaro- turbo charged