What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Need Advice on buying a 98 WS6 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice on buying a 98 WS6 Trans Am

The guy is wanting 6,900 for it but I am not too sure its worth that much. The pricing on these cars seems all over the place. I see lots of places selling them anywhere from 9,000 to 15,000. But then I price them on Kelly Blue Book they list it around 6,000.

Anyway, I am not sure the car is worth 6,900 because it needs some work. It looks like it has been repainted, the front bumper has chipped paint (covered by a bra, which looks better imo) and also the mirror on the driver side door needs repainted (which most likely means the whole door will get repainted). On top of that there is a crack on the dash, the speed bezel needs a clip so it sticks out ever so slightly, the driver side seat is ripped and has a fairly large hole in it which means it will probably need reupholstered, the passenger seat safety belt has the plastic part that connects to the seat broke off, the stereo needs replaced along with the amp too as there is buzzing when you add any bass (not a system, its factor sound system) and on top of all that is has 114,000 miles on it.

Most of this is minor problems but to fix it all will add up quick. The way I see it is if I pay 6,900 for it and put 2,000 or 3,000 in it I might as well just buy a better quality car. So would I be dumb to buy it for that price and if so what would be a better asking price? Thanks
Old 09-11-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

no i wouldnt do it just keep saving your $ till u can afford something u really like and welcome to the site !!!! U can find nice cars in the 6-7k range u just have to be patient
Old 09-12-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I responded in the other section where you posted the same question.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
I responded in the other section where you posted the same question.
Thanks again, I posted the other thread then noticed the sticky about this forum so I then posted it here like I was suppose too.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on buying a 98 WS6 Trans Am