What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1994 Trans Am Convert.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Trans Am Convert.

Alright, It's a 1994 Red Convertible with just over 40k on it. It's Auto, Black leather interior, no mods at all. Zero. None. The whole of it is near perfection, and never driven hard, we've owned it since 1997, and bought it with 28k on it. It's on the tires we bought it on... Garaged, mint. Only downside is the infamous GM leaky rear main seal. It's got the Tunneau covers for the vert as well.

I can get more pictures if anyone wants.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

Is the paint OK? It looks faded in the picture. It needs tires. No one will be driving the car seriously with 13 year old tires plus I have no idea what a main seal repair costs. If the car was excellent, and with those incredibly low miles, it could command around $7,500, maybe $8,000. Unfortunately it needs roughly $600 for a set of tires plus the seal repair. Just minus those needed things and it will get you a close selling price provided it needs nothing else. Fluid changes, brakes, top in good working condition with no material defects, etc..?? So many unknowns.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Teching In

The tires are perfect... Not sure why you're saying it needs new ones. The rear main seal is just a bitch to replace. It leaks maybe a drop or two every few days. Paint is 98% perfect, not faded that must be my phone that I took the picture with. Not really sure how a car that sits in a garage, under a car cover for 364.5 days out of the year, could be faded though. Could use a wash though. That little 2% is typical of having a bra on it for 3 years, and the other is a tiny chip on the inside of the driver's door jamb. Fluids are changed every 6 months, flushed etc, and we did differential and all the steering joints in July. Brakes were replaced at 35k, new rotors, pads, and shoes.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

Sounds nice! Probably was the phone picture that makes it look that way. Do a little research on tires, especially age of tires. You may just save your own life one day. Any tire over 6 years old is generally regarded as 'needing replacement'. Don't believe me?? Just check Goodyear or Tire Rack or any tire site for that matter. Driving at interstate speeds on 13 year old tires is like like having a death wish unless you really feel comfortable with tire failure at 70+ mph. Old tires may be fine for 'putt putt' around town or taking to a local car show but we are talking about low speeds there with low risk. You asked and I'm giving you an answer. Again, good luck with the sale.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Thanks man. And it really is a garage queen. It maybe sees 40 mph on a lucky day, for all of 2 miles. Just drive it enough to keep the engine fresh, battery charged.