What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

'02 Firehawk (might have to sell)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '02 Firehawk (might have to sell)

I might have to - though it may kill me to do so - sell my '02 SOM Firehawk (T/A) #1149. It's got 17,000 miles and is in excellent condition. There's a few scuff on some of the interior plastic (side of the driver seat and door panel), and the chrome is coming off of the interior of the wheels (typical). It's got about 5 - 6 stone chips in the paint, but otherwise is perfect. She's got a few bolt-on mods on the suspension, but I've still got the original parts.

As I said, I may have to sell her and I have no idea what she'd be worth. None of the online places (kelley, nada, or edmunds) lists the Firehawk, and I haven't considered selling, so no idea what they're actually selling for on ebay.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Yippee38; 11-17-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 11-17-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

A lot will depend on how fast you need to sell if that time comes. Urgent selling is never a good thing for such a fine car. If you think you might need to sell, start an ad now and see if you can get top $$$. The color is extremely desireable and if no major mods (I don't know if those mods listed can all be removed if need be) or multiple owners, then very appealing to a collector. A nice premium is attached to this car due to the low miles. If I owned it I would start somewhere around $24,000 -$25,000 and see if any interest. If nothing, then slowly lower until you get a few nibbles. Eventually you will hit that right price point but in the meantime you might find that certain buyer that MUST have that car!! You would get top $$. No matter what I can't imagine you having to sell it for under $20,000 if all the conditions I mentioned are applicable. If title issues or anything that you have failed to mention, then throw this pricing advice right out the window. As I first stated, horrible things happen when you must sell in a hurry, so keep that in mind.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.

The only mod that's not reversible is the painted spindles and rear axle. Everything else is just bolted on, and like I said, I have all of the original parts. No title issues. I bought it new and it has no liens. Have window stickers/birth certificate etc, as well as the logo mats (which have never been used) and spare owner's manuals (both factory and Firehawk) in a plastic bag.

If I sell it, it won't be an urgent thing, just the right thing to do.

Thanks again.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

You're welcome! With mainly 'bolt-on' mods and having the original parts it should not hurt the collector value. Nice!

Quick Reply: '02 Firehawk (might have to sell)