What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

NBM 02 Firehawk

Old 01-18-2011, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default NBM 02 Firehawk

Barely interested in selling it, just more or less trying to find out what everyone thinks it's worth.

2002 Firehawk coupe A4:
-87,600 on the clock
-Hooker LTs with catted y-pipe
-SLP CAI w/ FTRA extension
-all the SLP goodies (dual/dual catback and blackwing kit)
-few paint chips here and there but otherwise above average paint no fading anywhere
-12 disc in the back with Alpine 6.5" sail speakers
-clean as hell

I paid $13000 for it with 84k
Old 01-18-2011, 05:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

It is worth exactly what you paid for it. Could you get more if you had to sell? Not likely.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a 2002 Firehawk M6 vert down the road from me with 40k for $15k, so there are some deals just above your $13k price that might push you lower depending on your competition. I would agree with the comment, worth what you paid...
Old 01-18-2011, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ThreeFiveSS
There's a 2002 Firehawk M6 vert down the road from me with 40k for $15k, so there are some deals just above your $13k price that might push you lower depending on your competition. I would agree with the comment, worth what you paid...
True, thanks. I feel like the verts (for all f-bodies not just the Firehawk) don't have nearly as much value as the coupes do. When I was looking for a T/A last spring I would always see a really sick deal on a low mileage late-year car and get excited then see it was a vert and be pissed lol. IMO the verts make little sense considering the coupes are t-top.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Obviously you don't 'get it' when it comes to verts. That's OK, they aren't for everybody and you are very wrong about pricing. I own three verts and wouldn't even think of a t-top to replace one. There is a saying about convertibles which you might want to think about in collector car circles, even though these F-bodies have a long way to go.
"When the top goes down, the price goes up."
Old 01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Obviously you don't 'get it' when it comes to verts. That's OK, they aren't for everybody and you are very wrong about pricing. I own three verts and wouldn't even think of a t-top to replace one. There is a saying about convertibles which you might want to think about in collector car circles, even though these F-bodies have a long way to go.
"When the top goes down, the price goes up."
That was just an observation I made when I was shopping for an f-body, and I was talking f-body specific. Of course with most other cars convertibles (especially hardtops) are worth much much more. Thru my research I don't believe this is the case with the f-body for whatever reason-maybe because the verts are abould 100lbs heavier than the coupes, most people who are buying these cars probably care about something like that and the fact that an f-body comes with t-tops standard. No doubt 'verts are cool.. if I had the money I'd have one coupe f-body for the track and a vert for a sunny day.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Junkie

OK, that's cool

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NBM 02 Firehawk