What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1998 Chevolet Camaro Z28 7,500 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 03:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Chevolet Camaro Z28 7,500 Miles

Hello-

I am a new forum user. I apologize in advance if I write something that annoys any forum members. I am here to get some idea as to what my vehicle is worth. I will provide as much detail as possible to get the most accurate picture.

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
7,500 Miles
V8-Automatic
Positraction/Aluminum Drive Shaft

Cayenne Red Metallic
Medium Gray Interior
T-Tops

Engine/Transmission/Body completely stock except for painted mirror and t-bar panel. (Not black) It has engine covers that are not stock either but that is it.
Z06 Chrome Rims

Leather/12 Disc/Power Everything

I have had this car for several years now. I have not had any urge to mod the car. I drive the car only enough to keep it alive and running; never driven hard, keeping RPM's under 2500. Hmm...exterior perfect, interior perfect, remains stored much of the time.

I eventually hope to sell it but given the economy, it may take time and lots of patience. I would prefer to sell to someone older and mature, someone who will see the value in keeping the car in good condition and mostly stock. I've been told that the car is like a time-capsule because it looks ancient on the inside but still smells new-something like that.

Well, this is pretty much everything. Again, I hope to get a reasonable idea as to what a LS1 enthusiast would pay for it before I list it for sale.

Thank You
Old 01-31-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

As long as everything is as 'showroom' and near mint as you state, with no Carfax issues or title issues, then you have a car worth every penny of $20,000. Now the bad part, what a car is worth can take a long time to become actuality. The buying market (which is limited for high dollar LS1 cars) will pay in the $20,000 - $25,000+ range for mileage like you have, and most of those cars are 2002 models (last year built). Very few '98 models are in existence that have your kind of mileage. If not in a hurry to sell, hold out for that one buyer. If you must sell, you might have to come down into the $15,000 range. Again, just due to a limited market for 'factory stock' ultra low mileage examples. If this car was 25 years old, you would be talking no problem selling at all. These LS1 cars just haven't hit the pricing trend back 'up'.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NC01TA-Thanks for the helpful information.

I would have been happy to sell the car for $12K but if it is worth more, I am willing to wait a little longer. I had listed the car last Spring on Craigs List at that price and was disappointed with the type of buyers interested in the car. With all due respect, most buyers were younger and had intentions to modify/race it. I ended up removing the ad and declining test drives. I myself am young but I do respect the effort the previous owner put into keeping the car in good condition. If people buy the car, they can realistically do anything they want with it but I really want to preserve it the way it is. I guess I will have to wait and save it for a real enthusiast.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2011, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

$12,000 would be giving it away. Craigslist will get you 'tire kickers' and 'low ballers' in general. I also would be very leery of someone test driving the car until you know they have $$$ in hand. When serious about selling, your car deserves to be listed in Hemmings and proper internet venues like www.autotrader.com. Yes, it costs $$ but you want to draw the right crowd to your extremely low mileage example. I doubt there are more than 25 -50 '98 regular LS1 F-bodies left in existence with those miles. You will do better selling in the Spring or Summer months too.

Quick Reply: 1998 Chevolet Camaro Z28 7,500 Miles