What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Value of this WS6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value of this WS6?

I have my eye on this car and wanted to get some opinions...

2002 WS6 TA
M6
1 owner
bone stock
clean autocheck

Pics:
http://www.autoshopper.com/used-cars...NJ-4511551.htm

It's black on black so the color combo is fairly desirable. A local dealer is asking $9500 which I think is high due to the mileage, but would 8-8.5k be a decent deal?

Last edited by StreetLethal; 04-20-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there was an TA like that, that was for sale at a stealership. I think they wanted like 10 thousand but my friend talkd them down to like 6 or 7 thousand lol he just test drove it and never bought it.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chaos07
there was an TA like that, that was for sale at a stealership. I think they wanted like 10 thousand but my friend talkd them down to like 6 or 7 thousand lol he just test drove it and never bought it.
Were they actually going to sell it with that much of a price drop?
Old 04-20-2011, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Probably, but you gotta know how to talk to them. My car is a salvage car and i got it for 3K with a donor car included so... hmmm that high milage i wouldnt pay more than 7K i would check interior and make sure its good and drive it n pop the hood and see whats good n bad.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

I'm jealous of you Texas guys, it seems there are great deals on LS1s there all the time.
In my area everybody wants 10-12k even for higher mileage cars, espcially if it's an m6.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah everyone here has an F-body or a Mustang haha sorry i feel bad for you
Old 04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

Personally I would keep looking for a lower mileage car but since you are looking for pricing I believe the price you have in mind, about $8,000, might be OK if the car checked out completely. That would leave you about $2,000 for repairs or needs over the next year or two provided you have $10,000 at hand. Yes, you will need repairs on a car with this mileage. Things just break. You name it. Please keep in mind that in 2012 you would have possibly $10,000 invested in a 10 year old car with perhaps 150,000+ miles on the odometer. What will you get for it then?? Not much. Think about it. Good luck!

** Just a side note and I can't stress this enough. Don't be afraid to travel to find the right car. Expand your search 500 miles out from your area. That is just one weekend involved with one night motel stay, fast food and gas costs, to find a really better car that you may own for years. $$$ well invested.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

What's the car gonna be used for.

I picked up my 01 ws6 with 175k miles for 4k...but runs amazing. I'm not out for a super nice car though, I am going to be tearing into the motor anyways so I know I will spend alot of money no matter what I would have bought.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Personally I would keep looking for a lower mileage car but since you are looking for pricing I believe the price you have in mind, about $8,000, might be OK if the car checked out completely. That would leave you about $2,000 for repairs or needs over the next year or two provided you have $10,000 at hand. Yes, you will need repairs on a car with this mileage. Things just break. You name it. Please keep in mind that in 2012 you would have possibly $10,000 invested in a 10 year old car with perhaps 150,000+ miles on the odometer. What will you get for it then?? Not much. Think about it. Good luck!

** Just a side note and I can't stress this enough. Don't be afraid to travel to find the right car. Expand your search 500 miles out from your area. That is just one weekend involved with one night motel stay, fast food and gas costs, to find a really better car that you may own for years. $$$ well invested.
Sound advice, my friend. Currently I've been looking within 300 milesbut it might be time to reach out a bit more. I have to admit that any black on black m6 car gets me excited if it looks good. I held off on that SS after finding some cheaper options.

It's always something. I find one car that fits what I'm looking for, but the price sucks. I find a car like this that with one owner in the color combo I want, and the mileage is higher than I'd like. The one factor worth mentioning is that the car will just be a weekend cruiser, so I won't be adding much mileage. Also, I plan on keeping my next buy a very long time.

I love my current car but I have to admit that after searching for months, I got impatient and settled for an A4 because it was a good deal, rather than hold out for an m6. I do think it is worth holding out for what you really want, because at some point down the road, you'll regret it. Whether that means color, trans, car, etc; at some point you'll wish you got exactly what you wanted.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kev SS
What's the car gonna be used for.

I picked up my 01 ws6 with 175k miles for 4k...but runs amazing. I'm not out for a super nice car though, I am going to be tearing into the motor anyways so I know I will spend alot of money no matter what I would have bought.
Weekend cruiser; a few bolt-ons initially. Down the road I plan to cam it and start going to the track, but not for a few years.

Quick Reply: Value of this WS6?