What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 Camaro SS..is it worth it?

Old 05-10-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2001 Camaro SS..is it worth it?

I was offered a 2001 Camaro SS last weekend and wanted to see what you guys thought about it. The guy said he needs to sell it fast. Its a 2001 Camaro ss black with black leather interior, it has 55k miles, full suspension, cammed, full exhaust 6 speed, and it has chrome SS ZR-1 wheels. The bad is the guy doesnt know what cam it is or very much about some of the parts in the car, he said he purchased it how it was and just knows what the previous owner told him. He said the previous owner claimed it put down around 400hp. The bad thing about the car is that it will need a new clutch very soon, he said its starting to slip when you get on it but it drives fine when regular driving. I will try and post some pics of it when he sends them to me.

He is asking $12,000 for it. Im going to try and talk him down to $10k. What do you guys think is it fairly priced? I have seen the car before and it looks pretty clean and the guy only takes it out every once in a while.

I have a guy that might buy my car. He said its going to be a week before his bank tells him if he got approved for the loan or not.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool another dead section of ls1tech....anybody wanna chime in and give your opinion?
Old 05-11-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Not many responses yet because you didn't give enough info. You should never buy a car 'fast'. You don't even mention the condition (pretty clean means what) and what else the car needs besides the clutch. What about the title? Is it clear? Salvage? Carfax OK? Need brakes or tires? What about maintenance? Has the guy ever done an oil change? SES light off with that unknown cam? Sure, I'd offer $10,000 for it if everything else was satisfactory but why do I have my doubts? I wouldn't give him $5,000 if it has been abused and has many needs. Unanswered questions can lead to expensive 'money pits'.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro SS..is it worth it?