What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Advice on 2000 Camaro SS Market Value

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on 2000 Camaro SS Market Value

I'm considering selling my Light Pewter Metallic 2000 SS with 16,500 miles. It's showroom new with no scratches, rock chips, rips or tears in the neutral (tan) interior. KBB retail is $13,095 but do to its condition I was thinking $14K or maybe a bit more. Any thoughts? It's mostly stock, with the mods shown below. It has not been driven in the rain or snow, garaged stored and covered in the winter.

Aftermarket Equipment

• UMI subframe connectors
• Whisper Airlid (original OEM lid and air filter included)
• C5 ZO6 17" chrome wheels and Nitto 555 Extreme Performance
• SLP LM
• Tuned by Frost

I'm considering get a ZO6, but I would like to sell the SS first.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Advice on 2000 Camaro SS Market Value-img_0340.jpg   Advice on 2000 Camaro SS Market Value-img_0342.jpg   Advice on 2000 Camaro SS Market Value-img_0339.jpg  
Old 05-17-2011, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

KBB does NOT factor in pricing data for ultra low mileage cars, not sufficiently anyway. Punch in different mileages and you will see how little the price changes. In the real world of buying and selling these unusual examples, there are 'premiums' involved. You could easily ask $3,000+ over KBB retail for a MINT stock example. Your mods are not a selling point in this instance as most buyers won't pay the premium for a modded car (even lightly modded as you state). They would fear abuse and rightfully so, even with the low miles. I believe you can get closer to $15,000 for your car if you have patience. If no bites and you are getting 'antsy' to sell, bring it down to your $14,000 area. Selling it for less would be a shame for you and a screaming deal for the buyer unless it is not described accurately. Good luck!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

I would de-mod it and put it up for bid on Ebay with $15,000 being the target area.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

I would not de-mod the car because there are plenty of buyers out there who can appreciate the little extras that are in place. I bought a 2001SS pewter SLP car in 2007 for 6800. it had 83k on it and a lid but it was a nice car. I was looking to spend between 9k-12k but came across the car and the guy was going thru a divorce so I feel I got a bargain but at the time I would have pulled the trigger on any car that I thought was worth the money especially one that had a few extras. With the money I saved I was able to get the H/C/I and a nice set of C5 ZO6 rims and some stainless slotted and drilled rotors but all in all I think your asking price is fair as it is.

Quick Reply: Advice on 2000 Camaro SS Market Value