What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 Trans Am WS6 - low miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 Trans Am WS6 - low miles

Car is a mint 2002 WS6, not a ding or dent on the body. 20,000 miles on the car! Hardly any miles on the aftermarket items. I started to transform the car to drag strip only. Nothing was hacked, everything was taken out carefully and saved. I have all of the parts I have taken off the car. The only original items that I no longer have are the cat-back exhaust.

Car also has the #50 out of 50, Superhawk hood. I also have the stock hood.

Motor has a Texas Speed, Magic Stick 3 cam, with upgrade springs and rods. Made 401wrhp

Aftermarket goodies:
BMR SFC
BMC Panhard
CURRIE 9", WITH DETROIT LOCKER, 3:90 GEARS - bullet proof
SPOHN TORQUE ARM - brand new
SPOHN TUBLAR KMEMBER AND A-ARMS - brand new
Spohn manual steering rack - brand new
QA1 SHOCKS AND SPRINGS
WOLFE 6 PT CAGE

I took the motor out to do the Kmember, took off the power steering, a/c, relocated the alternater, added an electric water pump (Meziere water pump). Also put poly motor mounts in.

Car was a 6spd car. The transmission was redone with all viper components, including output AND input shafts. SPEC 5 clutch, Quicktime SFI bellhousing, 1200hp drive shaft with cyro dipped 1350 U-Joints.

WS6 wheels without a scratch on them. Nitto's 555R's on the rear.

T Top car.

I would appreciate some advice, along with prices.

What would be:
High price
Average price (price it's most likely to sell at)
Low price (sell it asap)

Unfortunately, all my pics are on my home computer.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Wow! Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you took a very desireable low mileage near MINT car that would sell in the high teens to one which appeals to very few buyers who have that kind of money. Collectors are now out of the equation as well as any potential buyers looking for a low mileage stock example. Putting it back together doesn't sound like a real option either or something you would want to do. I hope you find that certain buyer that desires and appreciates exactly what you have done to it, and has the funds for it. A really tough sell for what you would want out of it monetarily. You must have a small fortune invested. Good luck!

By the way, my wife and I were just up there two weeks ago and went to Cedar Point. What a fantastic amusement park. I'm sure you have gone many times, and it is old news, but to outsiders like us, very impressive! That Top Thrill Dragster is outstanding, almost as fast as your car. LOL!

Last edited by NC01TA; 06-06-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Junkie

The car could go back to stock, but not by me. I'm just out of time anymore.

I'm hoping to find someone who'll appreciate it. I know I'll loose my butt on the deal, but I'm still curious to see what to ask, and what it might sell for.

Hopefully it'll go to a good home!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I would still ask in the high teens. $19,000 perhaps? No harm, right? Maybe the timing will work out just right for you and someone is looking for your car. If no bites, start lowering until the phone rings. Then you know you have hit the right price point. Ebay still has 4 listings free for motor vehicles. That would expose your car to the entire USA. Just make sure you fit the bill for the 4 freebies and don't get hit for the $50 listing.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Cool thanks man.

I was thinking around $19, and see where she goes. Hopefully will put her up for sale by the end of the month. The front still need aligned, the Kmember is brand new - that's why.

We'll see what happens.

I figured I'd throw it up here on the boards first - not sure how many people are buying or just kicking tires. Then maybe Autotrader or Ebay.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Teching In

considering i just paid 10k for a 2000 bone stock camaro with 23k miles on it i'd say 19k is way too much. just my 2 cents
Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

It might seem high but i notice t/a 2002 because of the LOB last year the right person will pay more.they might not collectors but i paid 17 for my 02 ws6 one of the last off the line.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mikesarebetter
considering i just paid 10k for a 2000 bone stock camaro with 23k miles on it i'd say 19k is way too much. just my 2 cents
A 2000 is not a 2002. A Z28 is not a WS6.

19,000 really isn't an unreasonable asking price... if the car was stock. A roll cage and no AC will turn away almost any buyer that would be interested in a car like this one.

Originally Posted by Mattn
It might seem high but i notice t/a 2002 because of the LOB last year the right person will pay more.they might not collectors but i paid 17 for my 02 ws6 one of the last off the line.
My '02 is I believe one of the last 100 or 150 f-bodies to roll out. Friday August 23 build date, last car was on Tuesday August 27. Used to have the VIN for the last car so I could compare the difference, but I lost it...

*Just found it, it was 448 from the last one.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dhowdy
A 2000 is not a 2002. A Z28 is not a WS6.

19,000 really isn't an unreasonable asking price... if the car was stock. A roll cage and no AC will turn away almost any buyer that would be interested in a car like this one.
i realize they're not the same, but very few differences, but what you said about it being stock is mainly what i was getting at.