What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Deal or no Deal, 95 TA for 2100

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deal or no Deal, 95 TA for 2100

Found a 95 TA M6 on my local craigslist list for $2100. it has 319k on the clock, motor and trans have never been rebuilt. clutch wasn't changed till 220k! Seller is the original owner and has tons of receipts from small maintenance items.

Issues:
the underside of the car looks like an oil slick. ps and oil are leaking. there is seepage/sludge from the ps pump down to the rack, oil seepage/sludge from the valve cover, down to the block, and it blow by from driving covers the whole underside all the way to the muffler.

the gasket on the rear diff over is also flaking apart and there is some seeping there.

there is also a slight whine from the rear end, poss low on oil since the gasket is toast.

Ac compressor is suspect, and the owner just pulled the fuse rather than fix.

driving the car it has good power, no ticks, clanks, smoke or other issues.

on the cosmetic side of things, the head liner sags, and there are some small chips on the trunk, wouldn't think it has 319k miles.

Car only has two mods on it, borla exhaust w/ plates and a knn intake.

thoughts? good deal and would it make sense to stop the leaks or just pull it all and rebuild. not looking for a high perf set up, just want a running car that wont mark its territory at stop lights, yes it leaks that much lol.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

No deal! That car is nothing but a potential 'money pit' and is ready for F-body heaven
Old 07-08-2011, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

I'd stay far away. Way too much to deal with there.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Banned

319k on any "high performance" car is a MIRACLE. Everyone who owns a car like this beats on it. Everyone. Whether you beat on it 24/7, once a day, once a week, whatever.

You don't buy a car like this to ***** foot around in.Sooner or later you unleash the beast. I would stay farrrr away. Hell anything over 100k is a lot in my book with these cars.