What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

98 Trans Am

Old 07-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 Trans Am

I was thinking about selling my T/A because I maybe drive it two months every year and don't really need it right now so I thought I would see if I decide to sell it what others think it is worth.

It is a 98 Trans Am M6 with 65K miles. The interior is in pretty good shape not much wear only one mark on the passenger side seat and runs good. It does have some bold-on's with it:

Jet hot coated headers
Jet hot Y pipe
Magnaflow exhaust
LS6 intake
Lid
Koni single adjustable shocks
Strano 35mm front hollow sway bar
Eibach lowering springs.
Suncoast raptor hood

The car runs good dynoed 322rwhp stock, and I haven't had any problems with it beyond regular maintenance. What is a good asking price?
Old 07-14-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

A little more detailed info on the overall condition is needed but let's just say it is 'good' with a clean title and clear Carfax. I would say you could ask right around $7,500 - $7,800 (that's what www.kbb.com shows in my zip code) but expect less in an actual 'private party' sale. It gives you negotiating room anyway. The mileage is certainly decent. If any issues, then lower the price accordingly. You should track down Nochey who has been looking for a decent car for a long time. He posts here a lot. Send him a PM if you live near him. Good luck!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Thanks, yeah I guess I should have described it better. It is in what I call good shape, the paint is good, a few small scratches here and there but nothing you can see from five feet away. The interior is almost perfect except for one part that has a small tear in it. It could use a good detail since it just sits in my garage most of the time. No issues with the car at all, clean title. I was thinking about taking a few of the mods off I don't think that will really lower the value since mods are usually a drawback but I appreciate your input.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:29 AM
Staging Lane

interested in it where are u located? Pics?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nochey
interested in it where are u located? Pics?
I am in central Illinois and I have some pics I will look for them on my hd and post them up.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Here are a few pics after I clay bared and waxed it a year or so ago.

If I do decide to sell it and I am only going to get $7500 to $8000 out of it I might take some of the mods off and sell them because I don't want to lose that much on it.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Gorgeous!! I hope Nochey sees this. Could well be worth spending the weekend travelling to make the deal. Gas, fast food, and cheap motels may be worth a ride like this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98 Trans Am