What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 Trans Am WS6 35,xxx miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Trans Am WS6 35,xxx miles

Found a 6spd Trans Am WS6, Black. Has corvette rims and stock wheels too. No mods, completely bone stock. No scratches, dent's or anything. Original owner. What's it worth?!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Now that's a nice find! An unmolested one-owner WS6 with 6 speed. Sweet!
As long as the title is clear with no Carfax issues, and the car was well maintained, there should be a slight premium involved. I would say getting it for $10,000 - $11,000 would be outstanding, but if the price tag is $14,000 it would not surprise me at all. I wouldn't hesitate anywhere in between those numbers if this car was an excellent example and what I truly wanted. Let's face it. Not many to be found anymore like this stock, low mileage, one owner car other than the collector models. If you are going after it, good luck!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

I wouldn't pay more than $9k for it. I agree that it can be listed for $13k without anyone being surprised, but no one will call either. NO ONE has cash these days. People have a hard time getting loans for cars over 10 years old.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by The Hammer28
I wouldn't pay more than $9k for it. I agree that it can be listed for $13k without anyone being surprised, but no one will call either. NO ONE has cash these days. People have a hard time getting loans for cars over 10 years old.
Very true about the loans and the tough times BUT unmolested one owner cars will get attention, especially a non-abused 6 speed. IF I was looking for such a car, this is a car I would call about and pay the good $$ to own. Buyers will come up with the cash for this one as it's appeal isn't limited to just younger people, like modded examples. I'm middle aged and it appeals to me. An area car club member (in his 70's) bought this same type stock 6 speed T/A a few years ago. It appeals to all F-body fans which really opens up the possibilities for a sale. Good cars will sell. All the auction houses can verify this as even with the mess in 2008-2009, nice cars were selling for decent prices.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Very true about the loans and the tough times BUT unmolested one owner cars will get attention, especially a non-abused 6 speed. IF I was looking for such a car, this is a car I would call about and pay the good $$ to own. Buyers will come up with the cash for this one as it's appeal isn't limited to just younger people, like modded examples. I'm middle aged and it appeals to me. An area car club member (in his 70's) bought this same type stock 6 speed T/A a few years ago. It appeals to all F-body fans which really opens up the possibilities for a sale. Good cars will sell. All the auction houses can verify this as even with the mess in 2008-2009, nice cars were selling for decent prices.
Well I now own this car... so is it safe to say that I got a good deal at $12.5?
Old 08-13-2011, 06:19 AM
TECH Junkie

CONGRATULATIONS!!

You paid a very fair price for a car that has years and years of driving life ahead of it. Probably minimal needs other than routine maintenance. Nice going and enjoy your ride

Quick Reply: 1999 Trans Am WS6 35,xxx miles