What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Camaro SS Convertible 37k

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Camaro SS Convertible 37k

Just walked away from an auto silver 2000 Camaro SS vert with only 37k miles. Original owner, had original sticker. All original except air lid and SLP MAF. Came with 2 spare SS rims w/ tires and car cover. One thing that bothered me is that he put a switch in the car to turn the cooling fan on. I thought that was wierd. The car had a few rock chips on the hood, but other than that, it was mint. They were asking $13k, which was already a steal, but I beat them up to $10,820 cash. They would not give me the spare rims at that price. I insisted they give me the rims and waived the $10k+ in their face. They stuck to their guns and so did I. I walked. What do you think it was worth. Also, if anyone is interested in the car, PM me.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

I don't understand the cooling switch either. Was something broken and it had to be done manually?? This would be really one of those times when talking to the original owner would be nice so you could get an accurate answer. As far as "what's it worth" I believe you would have had one heck of a deal at that price you negotiated (provided the switch could be explained). Even if you needed to sink $1,000 into repairs, quite the deal if a clear title and clean Carfax.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
I don't understand the cooling switch either. Was something broken and it had to be done manually?? This would be really one of those times when talking to the original owner would be nice so you could get an accurate answer. As far as "what's it worth" I believe you would have had one heck of a deal at that price you negotiated (provided the switch could be explained). Even if you needed to sink $1,000 into repairs, quite the deal if a clear title and clean Carfax.
No doubt it was a hell of a deal. I passed because I anticipate the deals to get a little better as fall/winter sets in. I ran the car at idle for over 20 mins with the a/c on full blast and it did not overheat. I think the switch may have been for an auxiliary fan, not for the stock fan. The switch, along with the two spare rims/tires made me think that the car occasionally made it to the track. He gets to the track, throws the two other rims on (probably with stickier tires) and he can cool the engine with the aux fan while staging. The unknowns made it a little easier to walk away.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

That additional info definitely paints a different picture. The low miles may be hard miles. Smart to pass on this one, even at that money.

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro SS Convertible 37k