What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Please give me input on 2000 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please give me input on 2000 Camaro SS

I am thinking of selling my 2000 SS. Give me some ideas as what to ask. Please don't throw KBB or Nada up for prices as this car is much more thank stock and has had lots done to it. Thanks in advance.
The description is below:

2000 Chevy Camaro SS which was owned by my father since new. This was my Father’s second child, if you know what I mean. He really loved this car. She is a black on black beauty with the LS-1 V8, 6 Speed manual, and T-tops.
It has 11,219 miles. Yes you read that correctly, it has 1000 miles for every year it is old. You won’t find another Camaro SS with this low mileage anywhere. It was bought for my father new off the showroom floor as a retirement present. You don’t get much more adult owned and driven than that.
This is a genuine SLP SS with the sticker in the door to prove it. It has the original Monsoon CD radio and leather seats. The driver’s side is powered.
It has some wonderful custom touches such as a lower body kit that give it a lower stance, custom black anodized aluminum grille, stainless steel SS pedals, custom taillights (original ones included with car), a custom built 2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with X pipe and Magnaflow mufflers. This was not a Hurst car, so the 6 speed shifter has been changed to a Pro 5.0 short throw adjustable shifter with Lou’s short stick shift lever, making shifts easy, solid and very short. It does have a nice Hurst black shifter ball. A skip shift eliminator was installed to remove the annoying 1st to 4th shift under low acceleration. The engine is stock but the air intake has been smoothed out for a little more power and he did the throttle body coolant bypass. An auto dimming mirror with lights was added to update the car. The original SS badges have been replaced with stainless steel ones along with the inset for the Camaro script on the rear. The front hood badge has been replaced with a custom stainless steel SS one. The car has an SLP strut tower brace to help increase body rigidity and decrease strut flex increasing the front end cornering. Sub-frame connectors were added to the frame to stiffen it and also reduce body flex. The brake calipers were painted black and have custom caliper graphics.
It has several things that came with the car new. It still has the original tires that came from the factory on the original optional chrome wheels. We also have the original Camaro SS floor mats and key chains that came with the car still in the factory wrap and have never been used. Even the coin tray dispenser is still in the center console. The original wheel locks are still in place and the removal lug is in the center console as well. Also still in the glove box is the original owner’s manual. We also have both of working original key fob remotes.
This comes from a smoke free home and has never been smoked in and the ash tray and lighter look like they did from the factory, to prove it. Car has been garage kept since new. Oil has been changed religiously with synthetic only since the first oil change. We have been using Castrol Syntec and Amsoil Signature series 0-30 since new. All maintenance records were kept from new written by my father.

Click this for pictures.

http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/t...C/Camaro%20SS/
Old 08-14-2011, 07:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

Glad to assist a fellow Tar Heel with such a personally involved car. You are darn right no one should throw NADA or KBB prices at you for such a low mileage car. These ultra low mileage examples sell for serious premiums. The highest priced cars are usually stock examples. The mods that your Dad enjoyed may actually negate some value as people have different tastes and may not like what was done. I am one of those as well. If it isn't factory stock, I'm likely to pass or pay less, depending on the mods. Having stated this, I certainly feel that this SS is worth right up to $20,000. Some dealers would ask even more but generally F-bodies that actually sell (not asking prices) for over $20,000 have 4 figures on the odometer, are 2001-2002 model years and/or are 'collector' editions. Now the problem. Worth doesn't mean a sale at that price. It can take time to find a buyer, especially one that doesn't mind the mods. The buying market is extremely limited for a 12 year old model car that commands top $$. No loans for this amount unless done with a home equity line or similar, and of course cash is tough in these roller coaster economic times we are experiencing. Ask whatever you feel comfortable with, but I feel your Dad's very desireable, adult owned, non-abused 6-speed SS should sell in the high teens ($16,000 - $18,000) easily if a quick sale isn't needed. If you get no calls at all and the need grows to sell the car, then lower the price very slowly down to $15,000, etc... until you find that 'sweet spot' where buyers just can't resist a screaming deal. Personally I don't think you will have trouble getting the calls. Patience will be key. Good luck!

*** The below link is just an example of one of those newer model ultra low mileage cars that I mentioned. This dealer is right here in Concord (Charlotte) NC and they don't budge from their prices. This is an example of your competition in selling. They will get their $20,000 in time.
http://www.morrisonmotorco.com/displ...theme=morrison

Last edited by NC01TA; 08-14-2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 08-14-2011, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the sage advice from a fellow Carolinian. I will keep all of it in mind. It is not something I really want to sell, but may have to. Money is tight but not so tight that I have to sell the car tomorrow. I can afford to be patient. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Please give me input on 2000 Camaro SS