What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 35th anniversary Slp camaro... only 4k miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 02:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 35th anniversary Slp camaro... only 4k miles

Im looking into buying a 2002 35th anniversary camaro from a friend of mine. The car only has 4, yes 4 thousand miles on it. Not only that, it has quite of few mods done to it.

ls2 shortblock cam (unknown)
ls3 heads
Level 2 built auto tranny with converter
3:73 gears
Full exhaust
FULL Suspension: K-member, shocks, a-arms, torque arm etc etc..

The car has alot more mods and this is just a little run down of what it has. Im just wondering if the car is worth 15k???
Opinions PLEASE!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Staging Lane

Ummmm.... anyone??
Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Teching In

It's either fake or you're getting one hell of a deal

What color is it? if it aint red it aint no 35th. 2002 was the 35th year but doesnt make it a special edition unless its actually a special edition.

Who mods a car like that with only 4k miles?
I think maybe the engine was replaced and odometer set back to 0, but who knows.

But if its red with the checkered stripes like the 35th ann id look into it further could be a great deal, if not 15k for a regular 02 hell no
Old 09-23-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if its the real deal 15k is a pretty good price in my opinion if anything there's always the great debate, but to me the mods hurt it
Old 09-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by regecide
It's either fake or you're getting one hell of a deal

What color is it? if it aint red it aint no 35th. 2002 was the 35th year but doesnt make it a special edition unless its actually a special edition.

Who mods a car like that with only 4k miles?
I think maybe the engine was replaced and odometer set back to 0, but who knows.

But if its red with the checkered stripes like the 35th ann id look into it further could be a great deal, if not 15k for a regular 02 hell no
Oh no doubt its a 35th. Dude i opened the door and that new car smell hit me in the face. It even had the little bag in the back withe the car cover it comes with. I couldnt believe how clean it is. He told me when he bought the car he got beat by a mustang, thats when the modding started. His nephew talked him into doing the mods etc etc and its just been sitting in his garage.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

honestly, the first thing that comes to mind is......LEMON ALERT!!!!!..........whenever you see any high perf. car with as few of miles on it as this one, be aware of what you MIGHT be dealing with....."corvettes especially"......new car smell is great, but if someone uses that as a selling point, make sure that you get a chance to drive it for several hours before you go trying to pull money out of the bank or work a loan.....i'm just saying, might be a great car, but make sure before you know what you're getting before you drop the cash.....nothing worse than a newer ride with a serious electrical problem, i'm sure you can imagine (50 miles into a road trip the dash lights start going crazy).....make sure to check out all of the RPO codes and if everything clears, you might have a great deal on your hands......but who really pulls a 4k mile ls1 to replace it with an ls2?.....
Old 09-25-2011, 02:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Killer deal if everything turns out right.. Be cautious.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jc98ss
honestly, the first thing that comes to mind is......LEMON ALERT!!!!!..........whenever you see any high perf. car with as few of miles on it as this one, be aware of what you MIGHT be dealing with....."corvettes especially"......new car smell is great, but if someone uses that as a selling point, make sure that you get a chance to drive it for several hours before you go trying to pull money out of the bank or work a loan.....i'm just saying, might be a great car, but make sure before you know what you're getting before you drop the cash.....nothing worse than a newer ride with a serious electrical problem, i'm sure you can imagine (50 miles into a road trip the dash lights start going crazy).....make sure to check out all of the RPO codes and if everything clears, you might have a great deal on your hands......but who really pulls a 4k mile ls1 to replace it with an ls2?.....
I understand what youre saying, BUT who buys a brand new 2010-2011 camaro and puts a 454 lsx motor, procharger etc etc??? It HAS been done! They guys ordered the car. I figured if it were a lemon, the car was still under warranty!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

he would've voided the warranty if he tried modding the ls1 before pulling it, even the free mods.......and there's a big difference between a stock ls3 and a 454 LSX, not so much between an ls1 and ls2 block

but yea, i was a little drunk when i typed all of that out......what i was getting at was, go drive it for a few hours, not just around the block.....make sure there are no surprises.......we could go back and forth all day on the what if's, why this and what if that, but a one owner low mile 35th anniversary modded Camaro SS for 15k is a killer deal
Old 10-04-2011, 06:08 AM
TECH Resident

i would deff get the car checked out my a few people/ shops in your area to make sure the car is good and legit..and for sure test drive it like crazy ...just be careful..if its good buy that beast..because i know i would lol..
Old 10-04-2011, 05:12 PM

Seems like a good deal if it legit

Quick Reply: 2002 35th anniversary Slp camaro... only 4k miles