What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

low mileage 85 IROC value

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default low mileage 85 IROC value

I've been looking for another clean thirdgen and found a 85 IROC that I like but wasn't sure how much it is really worth. Here is a basic rundown of the car.
85 IROC blue with grey interior
305TPI engine
<20K miles
hard top
AT
AC delete
manual windows
power door locks
power antenna
The interior was nearly perfect. The body had a few small dings and the paint looked slightly faded. It looked like it may have been damaged by acid rain early in its life and had a bad partial repaint. It had small dots of a darker blue in the paint in several spots and the spoiler had a big spot it it like something had touched it when the paint was wet. The paint didn't look new, it looked like if it had any work it was a long time ago. It looked good from 10-15 feet but any closer and you could see the flaws in the paint. The owners say the paint was still original but I don't think it was but thats probably what they were told when they bought the car. The engine bay looked slightly dirty but overall good condition and it seemed to run well. Any idea what this car would be worth? I didn't want to buy it and paint it and have way more money in the car that it is worth. The value of these cars seems to vary a lot, I've seen some go for 6-8k that look great and some go for 15K.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have a link to pictures of the car? Hard to get an idea without them
Old 12-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Launching!

Here is a link. Unfortunately the pictures don't show the paint flaws. But it should give you an idea of how the car looks.

http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/...xOurpicturesx/
Old 12-18-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I just looked up a few auction house sales during the past year for you (Mecum and RM Fall Carlisle) and you are quite right about pricing. The car you are talking about would normally have a nice #2 condition rating but the paint issues you describe has to bring it down to a #2- or #3+ to be honest, even with the ultra low miles. The #3 cars are bringing in the $6,000 area with a solid #2 bringing $11,000. You are probably in-between with the car you are describing. If you really like it and don't mind laying out for a quality paint job, pay right up to $8,000 - $9,000. With your new paint you will have one heck of a nice example for reasonable money for your own pleasure. Good luck if you go for it!
Old 12-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the reply. The owners didn't want to go quite low enough for me to want to buy it. I think I'll wait awhile and see if they come down on price some if it doesn't sell. If they would come down to the 7-8K range I would buy it and paint it.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that car is listed here for sale. Also I just sold my 1992 z28 with 12k orig miles. orig tires. 350 hardtop with every option and grey leather. I got 12k for it. I think it was worth more then that but it's hard to get any real money right now. that car is probley worth 6-7k IMO if that since it's the least desirable year and it's a 305 and not a stick.

Quick Reply: low mileage 85 IROC value