What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Deal or no deal???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deal or no deal???

I don't have pics of this car so just imagine haha... ok so its a pewter 02 z28 a4 with 63k and its completely stock like mine. The only prob is it has a salvage title but for only minor cosmetic damage. The passenger side door and quarter has had some work and the paint isn't the best, just needs a little buff for some orange peel and haziness in the clear coat. Other than that car is solid and starts, shifts totally fine. Interior is very clean.He wants $6500 for it. Deal? Or should I forget it?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell no, you can get one with a clean title for that price.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

First off, I doubt I have ever heard of a salvage title that was issued for "minor cosmetic damage". There's your first red flag. Second, 50% off price guide values is the general rule of thumb if you want to buy 'salvage'. That car is normally worth about $8,200 or so with a clean title. Anyone that wants to buy it should be in the neighborhood of $4,000. Be very careful about buying cars with 'salvage' titles. If it turns into a 'money pit' you are really in dire straits. Just try to sell it!