What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2005 Convertible C6 auto, only 15,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Convertible C6 auto, only 15,000 miles

my grandpa is looking to sell his red c6 convertible automatic, has a power roof, hud, gps and all the other options, the car only has 15k on it, been babied its whole life, hes the only owner, once he has it detailed it will be as mint as they come, i thought id throw it up here to see what you guys think its worth realistically, a local dealership offered him 26 and the kbb is around 32, i was thinking due to the fact it has no miles and its mint that he should be able to get kbb but im not sure what c6s are going for these days
lmk what ya think
Old 01-05-2012, 08:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

Dealerships!! Ya gotta love 'em. NOT!!!

You are quite correct in your thinking. The car is worth every bit of $32,000 and dealerships would ask even higher. There are solid premiums involved for nice ultra low mileage cars like your grandpa's. The market is slow for convertibles in the winter but by April or May your phone will be quite busy if you price it right. Too bad you can't keep it for yourself. Having something special from your grandpa would be so great!! New Corvette convertibles can run you $60,000+ today. It would be like getting one for half price!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks a lot for ur input, I wish I could afford it for myself haha, I'm prolly gonna post it up here soon but he's in no hurry to sell it, he bought it with cash apparently so if it takes till spring it's no biggie, I just wanted to be sure he should hold out for blue book value
Old 01-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

anyone else wanna chime in on what a good starting point would be