What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 30th Anniversary TA. T-tops, A4, 52k miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1999 30th Anniversary TA. T-tops, A4, 52k miles

Fuel gauge doesn't work and the interior door panel is cracked, other than that the interior is in great shape. One of the stripes on the roof has a small hole in it.

New tires, only mods are a whisper lid (still have the original as well) and a Ravin Exhaust.

T-Tops
A4
52k miles

I'm not desperate to sell it, I just don't have time for it anymore. The collectible angle of it just leaves me scratching my head every time I go to put a number on it. Also not sure if it would be worth it to fix the issues it has before selling it, although I'm guessing no.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Yeah, the mileage and few mods are not going to bring serious 'collector' attention. You still have a very desireable lower mileage car that will appeal to many. With excellent condition ultra low mileage '99 Anniversary cars bringing prices north of $20,000 I would tend to believe that your car could fetch in the mid teens. $14,000 - $16,000 would seem to fall in line with the prices the other cars are actually getting. Let's face it, a regular similarly equipped '99 low mileage T/A would be in the low teens (KBB shows around $11,000 - $12,000 in my zip code) so an 'anniversary edition' would almost have to be a few grand more, unless your car has had numerous owners and Carfax or title issues. That would hurt the value. Unfortunately for proper pricing guidelines, you have some owners asking stupid prices for average cars. They see those $20,000 prices and then think their higher mileage, average cars are GOLD. It makes it tough to properly gauge a correct price point. The pricing I suggested is for a 'real world' sale, maybe, not wishful thinking.

** Yes, definitely fix things when selling. Selling with repairs needed is a big negative as 'lookers' will wonder what else is wrong and perhaps think the car was neglected. Human nature. When I just sold my BMW Z3 I fixed a very simple minor issue that cost $130. That cheap repair eliminated any problems with the car and any questions a 'looker' would have. Well worth it. I sold the car within 2 weeks at proper pricing levels.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

~$15k is about what I was thinking, thanks.

Any idea how much I'm looking at for getting the fuel gauge fixed?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

That I have no idea about. Usually it is a sending unit that fails. Maybe some answers in the repair section of LS1Tech.

Quick Reply: 1999 30th Anniversary TA. T-tops, A4, 52k miles