What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 Formula 6 speed with 12,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1999 Formula 6 speed with 12,000 miles

Just trying to get an idea for now on what to sell for when I'm ready soon.

I'm the original owner. It's Pewter, 6 speed, t-tops, and never seen snow/salt or been in an accedent. I have it currantly stored in my garage with only 12,000 sunny day miles. It also has Dynatech headers, B&B exhaust, and a few other light mods. Fully maintained with all records.

The only issue would be that the rear end has some minor leakage due to a pinion seal and dif cover gasket.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to nada if extra clean--retail around $9700
is a very good guide for sellers & buyers
one has to remember that there are fewer & fewer buyers these days
Old 03-08-2012, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

First off, spend $200 and get the seal fixed. That's what it cost me last year at the local dealership. Fixing it and changing the fluid just adds a 'plus' for the buyer. Now the important stuff. Throw price guides out the window when it comes to ultra low mileage cars. The price is not adjusted properly by NADA or KBB. Never has been, and it really can't be, as there are too few examples to price. There are serious premiums involved for cars such as yours despite the exhaust and light mods. These mods are negative factors by the way, not positives to most buyers that would be looking at your car. Remember that when selling it. Your car can be realistically priced right up to $15,000. You probably will not get that but it is a good starting point or asking price. Lower the price after 7-10 days if no calls or interest. There is no reason why you can't get in the low teens for your Formula if it is definitely a 1 owner with clear title and clean Carfax. Window stickers, maintenance history, any paperwork is a plus. If there are issues, throw this pricing equation out. It will not apply. Good luck if you decide to sell.

** I just wanted to add something. If you do sell, besides the ususal 'waste your time' ebay and free sites, I have had very good success with www.autotrader.com recently ($30 for about 8 weeks and 9 pictures) and I also would suggest www.hemmings.com to appeal to that 'collector' crowd. Last tme I looked I believe they were around $45.

Last edited by NC01TA; 03-08-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Additional info

Quick Reply: 1999 Formula 6 speed with 12,000 miles