What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Selling my baby to pay for school : [ advice on price?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Selling my baby to pay for school : [ advice on price?

Hey guys I have been a member for a while, but never really been on here much. Like the topic says I have to sell my 2000 LS1 383 Firehawk to help pay for school. Let me know what you think about my price and if it would be fair to sell it on ebay or craigslist or even on here if anyone is interested.

I bought the car when it had 19k miles.

Since then i have put on another 16k (35k) altogether. I have also dropped a 383 into her. As well as an LS6 intake throttle body, SLP lid, true duals, slp headers, 20% tint, MGW shifter, Ram HD Clutch and as well as a few tunes to get her running right. I am going to attach the estimate I got from texas speed. (This is what I ended up purchasing)

I also have a birth certificate I purchased from SLP. The car is also 1 of 24 for that year that came 6 speed, t tops, and the rear spoiler is a very un-common one. I included pictures.

As far as wear and tear.
There is a small almost unnoticeable dent on the passenger side on the other side of the door as if someone had closed the seat buckle there. You can only see it if it is in the light. Everything else is normal. The inside is flawless except for a minor scratch on the passenger arm rest has small scratch. And 1 or 2 small chips from driving on the highway.

I was going to asking for maybe 25-28k Does that seem reasonable. Altogether I have spent over 32k on the car and I feel that only owning it for 2 years and putting only 16k on it that should be somewhat reasonable. But that is why I cam to you all. Please give me some feedback and tell me how to maybe re-direct this into the area of the site to sell it. Sorry for being such a newbie : ]
Attached Thumbnails Selling my baby to pay for school : [ advice on price?-img_0134.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
texas speed.pdf (96.5 KB, 1238 views)
Old 04-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Goodluck!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen an 02 Firehawk with less the 9K miles go for less than 20K. I don't think anyone is going give you that much for it. If I had to guess 15-16K. Remember we are in a recession and many people prefer buying non built cars. The more stock the better usually when it comes to price. JMO
Old 04-05-2012, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 88gtman
I have seen an 02 Firehawk with less the 9K miles go for less than 20K. I don't think anyone is going give you that much for it. If I had to guess 15-16K. Remember we are in a recession and many people prefer buying non built cars. The more stock the better usually when it comes to price. JMO
Lets say we were not in a recession and I found someone who had money. What would be a fair amount?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:57 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your mods are only going to appeal to a certain type of buyer who is looking for a completed car. Otherwise, you're looking at whatever any other 2000 Firehawk with 35k miles goes for. I'm guessing around 18k-20k.

As for selling it for school... while maybe not the most popular route, why don't you just grab some student loans?
Old 04-05-2012, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just bought my 01 SS with 39k miles for $12,000. I don't think the motor alone will add all that much to the price.

And mine had full bolt-ons and BMR stage-2 kit on it already.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by demonspeed
Your mods are only going to appeal to a certain type of buyer who is looking for a completed car. Otherwise, you're looking at whatever any other 2000 Firehawk with 35k miles goes for. I'm guessing around 18k-20k.

As for selling it for school... while maybe not the most popular route, why don't you just grab some student loans?
No reason to put myself in any kind of debt if there is no need. But thanks for the input I guess i will keep the car until I really need to cash. Maybe when the economy bounces back. Thanks guys
Old 04-05-2012, 01:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew-Bot
No reason to put myself in any kind of debt if there is no need. But thanks for the input I guess i will keep the car until I really need to cash. Maybe when the economy bounces back. Thanks guys
Definitely keep the car! You have it just the way you want. You are dreaming on the price you mentioned, absolutely dreaming. Read this section. No need to say more.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

Try ebay.. cars on there sell for ridiculous prices and your target audience is huge.. seems to be where people with money go to buy cars like these.

Quick Reply: Selling my baby to pay for school : [ advice on price?