What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a

Old 06-03-2012, 04:24 PM
gnx
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a

I have been working on this car for almost 2 years .I had to have spinal cord surgery in march and it didnt go great(6 weeks in the hospital) then i had a fall a week after getting out of the hospital. Anyway i might be selling my t/a everythinbg is new it was just wet sanded and buffed 6/1
Anyway please help come up with a number it might worth and any interest/ no i didnt plan on keeping the wheels lol
Attached Thumbnails how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-ab.jpg   how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-ai.jpg   how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-2012-02-09-11.23.55.jpg   how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-ak.jpg   how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-am.jpg  

how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-ac.jpg   how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-cleared-undercarpet.jpg  
Old 06-04-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

I hope you are on the road to complete recovery and I'm sorry to be a pain in the but so many questions!
Mileage on engine and body? Clean title? Carfax history? Does the hood close? Do the headlights go down OK? (I see one picture where they are down). What's the condition of the car besides the appearance? The pictures almost beg to ask more and more questions.
I'm sure you know that heavily modded F-bodies are extremely difficult to sell for decent money. There are numerous posts here in this section over the past few years documenting the tough sledding in selling these beasts. The buying segment of this market is very limited.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That color and your signature tell me if you have the means parting it out is going to be your best bet. If you dont have the means to do that the running condition etc are really going to move price around alot. I hate the the color but might have some intrest in it for the motor and add ons.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:42 AM
gnx
On The Tree

the ar is mint the motor has not even been started once i is still in the crate the car comes home from the bodyshop this week/ i spent 16k at the bodyshop it has even been paint under the body and under the carpet/ i have about 10k in brand new parts for the motor install/ all needs to be done is install a brand new gm crate 454lsx and and the 4l80e i have almost every thing to do that/ still have to get the harness 199.00 you will need to purchase new hoises etc.. and i was going to purchase a new radiator although i have the old one still good. i have spebt 47k or so on the car so far i was building a 9sec show car. clean car fax ,the car was kept in the garage all its life as far as the mileage it is over 100k but that doesnt really matter
Old 06-06-2012, 10:52 AM
gnx
On The Tree

here is the underside and under the carpart/ if you go to my site all the info is on it i replace all the electrical parts the door motors are brand new $300. plus i replaced every part that would be under any panel the reason i did it was because i wanted it to look new everywhere someone might look at in a show/ not because they where bad. i should of kept the old parts to sell i just didnt think of it. i have somethings still like a perfect hood and the stock complete suspension.
Attached Thumbnails how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-cleared-undercarpet.jpg   how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-under-carpet.jpg   how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-100media-imag0141.jpg   how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-100media-imag0137.jpg   how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-b.jpg  

Old 06-06-2012, 11:16 AM
gnx
On The Tree

motor pics and the intake has now be painted to match
Old 06-06-2012, 11:17 AM
gnx
On The Tree

forgot to post the pics
Attached Thumbnails how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-100media-imag0134.jpg   how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a-lsx454.jpg  
Old 06-06-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your going to loose an insane amount of money on this car. Sell all your parts they should hold pretty close to new value. The car I'd make it as close to stock suspension as you could but your going to loose on it big time. Even if you find that special buyer your still reaching a 4-5k. You got 47K in it, you might get 30k for it running done with the bugs all worked out of it but your going to spend a **** ton more getting it to that point. You have alot of high end parts that will bring some money, motor might due better on E-bay though. Part it out if your looking for the most money
Old 06-06-2012, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

$47,000 is just unreal. I understand the outlay for that special 9 second show car but how do you re-coup this money now?? I think Mustang Hat'r 2 is on the right track with his post about selling everything separately. No way the car can bring anything even remotely close to what you want. Best of luck to you, and thank you for taking the time to provide the details and photos. I wish I had some positive news to provide.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:44 AM
gnx
On The Tree

well i am not even thinking i would get my money back/ the car only needs to have the drive train installed it needs about 2500 in parts to do it thats because i look at ir as better to install new stuff to continue build instead of just putting the ols stuff back in it a shop will charge about 500 buck to tune it and if as in my case to install everything and het eerything correct about $1500 to do the job/unless someone else does it.
if i got 25 to 30 i would take it/ the motor with all it stuff cost about 14k i think just of the top of my head,
Old 06-07-2012, 10:54 AM
gnx
On The Tree

what about selling tickets for a give away for it. $ 50 or maybe 100. per ticket
Old 06-07-2012, 12:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by gnx
what about selling tickets for a give away for it. $ 50 or maybe 100. per ticket
I hope you are just kidding. Sometimes humor doesn't come across the right way in posts. If serious, in most states it would be illegal (a form of gambling, sweepstakes, etc..) or else you would see it offered everywhere. Charitable causes are exempt and that is what we all see in car mags, etc....
Old 06-07-2012, 01:12 PM
gnx
On The Tree

lol of course i would end up only getting a few hundred tickets sold and end up giving it away for a grand lol/ but i have seen it done in texas a bunch every state is different i guess it would depend on how it is done. maybe it is because it is done locally. but it would not be a bad idea to do it for a Charitable cause. i would rather do that than have to end up giving it away. it would buy alot of wheelchairs for those in need.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is very nice looking,i like it!

part it out or i wish that you could finish what you started.!.!

i hope you heal up the best you can......lifes to short.....

price i truly have no idea,good luck with everything!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:48 AM
gnx
On The Tree

i could finish it it only needs about 5k and thats paying a shop to do it and the needed parts the do it correct. i got messed over really bad at fastlane in houston. i have to find someone else to install the motor and trans. most likely going with lmr

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how much do you think it is worth lsx454 t/a