What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Input needed on a 1999 Trans am 6 spd

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input needed on a 1999 Trans am 6 spd

Alright guys I have a few questions and I want your input. my cousin wants to buy a 1999 trans am, it is black with the six speed. It has a clean title with 120k on it. It has a new clutch and other than that its all stock. Its a pretty clean car by the looks of the pics, but pictures can be deceiving. It also has leather interior. I am curious to know what you guys think its worth and what you would pay if you were in the market for a T/A. Thanks guys all of your input is appreciated.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Teching In

c'mon guys hes going to look at it tomorrow and i really need your advice.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Got mine for 5500 with 170k bone stock rebuilt front end, new clutch, new ac compressor, whole front interior new.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Need a lot more info than what you provided. Who is the current owner? A 16 year old kid (maybe the 5th owner?) banging the gears or a middle aged guy (maybe the original owner?) that used it for work and kept it up and maintained it half decent?? What does the car need now? What is the real condition of the car if you can't tell by the pictures? The car could be worth next to nothing or maybe right up to $7,000 if truly no issues. You can't expect a detailed price range with so little information. People posting here would just be guessing. I hope your cousin does his homework first and doesn't rush into a 120,000 miles car. A Carfax report would shed some light as well.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Well I am obviously not going to have all of the information on the car that you need to make a spot on price range but with the critical info listed someone should be able to make a rough est. Secondly I cant say I agree with your theory about how if a 16 year old owns the car it turns into a piece of **** but if an adult owns it, it somehow makes it better? Yes, I have seen many 16-18 year olds wreck cars but I have seen an equal amount of middle aged men decimate theirs. But thank you anyways for your input. I dont think its been beat on as it looks clean inside and out from the pictures he showed me. Does 6900 sound in the ballpark?
Old 05-25-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

I think you missed my point about the owners. I'm simply asking if possibly abused?? Many owners of a car is also not a good thing. That is not unreasonable to ask and rather important in pricing a car. Re-read the situations I presented if you care to. If you don't know, no problem, but I'm unable to assist.

Quick Reply: Input needed on a 1999 Trans am 6 spd