What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Should I do it....?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I do it....?

EDIT: Thanks to whoever moved the thread

Since a sale that I thought was basically already mine didnt go through...

Iv posted this in another section but didnt get much of a response

Im looking at a all stock except slp LM exhaust 99 z28 6 speed priced at 4,995. Clean title supposedly (car fax will be soon) at 110k miles. I always told myself id buy one with 85k miles at most... But for 4995 thats good. They dont speak very highly of the car so I think its one of those dealerships that dont know what they got.

Everything on it looks not bad at all and suprisingly paint is very smooth for being out here in the desert. Both mirrors look like they were spray painted though (paint is silver and mirrors are a dull rough silver but its color matched very well) Im pretty sure previous owner just didnt like them black or something

What do you think?

Last edited by Buford17; 06-04-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

A dealer selling this car for less than $5,000 makes it sound very questionable . The last thing you need is a 'money pit' for a car, complete with spray painted mirrors
Be very careful here!!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you mean.... I have the same thoughts. I asked the guy why it was this price and he says "every month we put a different vehicle in that spot (next to the road in front of all the others with hood open) and discount it very much" he said price before it was there was 8 something.

It LOOKS like a clean car with no obvious damage and since all I could look at was under the hood (no creases or welds on inside of front fenders from the engine bay which happen mostly when hit hard in the front totaling a car) but that was all I could really look at. And a look through the window peek of the interior Which was pretty clean with no tears to the cloth seats and no stains or breaks