What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

99 FRC 42k miles, Arctic White, Fully Built, A&A charged, CCWs

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 FRC 42k miles, Arctic White, Fully Built, A&A charged, CCWs

Gone!

Last edited by bad94sup; 07-12-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

man....id give my right nut for theat car...
Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

Sorry I have to throw these 'smilies' at you but getting rid of that incredible low mileage Corvette, that you built just the way you like it, for a Caddy???
OK, if that is what you want, then pricing your Corvette will be very similar to all the nicely modded low mileage F-bodies that can't get much more than book value. The mods don't add much $$$ unless you find that special buyer that loves what you have done and is willing to pay for it. This section is full of posts where the owners can't get decent money for their modded cars. I'm talking about nice ones too, not the 'cut up' high mileage stuff. I have no idea, without looking it up, what the book value is for a '99 Corvette with 42k miles on it, but that is probably what you are looking at. Of course ask more but don't expect to get it. Use www.kbb.com and www.nada.com and take the average of the two. That will be pretty darn close, then ask what you want. Again, very few buyers will be paying for your mods or anything even close to it unless you get very fortunate.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ttranssam
man....id give my right nut for theat car...
Thanks buddy.

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Sorry I have to throw these 'smilies' at you but getting rid of that incredible low mileage Corvette, that you built just the way you like it, for a Caddy???
OK, if that is what you want, then pricing your Corvette will be very similar to all the nicely modded low mileage F-bodies that can't get much more than book value. The mods don't add much $$$ unless you find that special buyer that loves what you have done and is willing to pay for it. This section is full of posts where the owners can't get decent money for their modded cars. I'm talking about nice ones too, not the 'cut up' high mileage stuff. I have no idea, without looking it up, what the book value is for a '99 Corvette with 42k miles on it, but that is probably what you are looking at. Of course ask more but don't expect to get it. Use www.kbb.com and www.nada.com and take the average of the two. That will be pretty darn close, then ask what you want. Again, very few buyers will be paying for your mods or anything even close to it unless you get very fortunate.
I agree - it would only be worth selling if I got close to what I wanted. I don't have to sell the vette to buy something else, it would just make sense since it rarely gets driven as is! The downside is that the likelihood of finding another car like this (should I get the urge again) is VERY slim.

I've been buying and selling modified cars very frequently for the past 10 years or so, with a specialty in LSX based cars. It seems I really enjoy the planning/building process more than actually driving the cars, LOL. It simply doesn't make sense financially, but the prospect of something new seems to always keep me going. Believe me, I'm aware of the (non)value of aftermarket modifications - but the right combination of tasteful parts on the right car always seems to work well as far as resale. A stock car like this (6 speed, arctic white, FRC, LOW miles) should fetch 18-19k easily. I figure pricing the car at 'stock' value plus mods at .20 on the dollar isn't too bad, especially considering the set of 3500 wheels and tires on the car which are easily removable and maintain a very high resale value.

Just my humble opinions based on my own experience.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

It seems logical to me, but is there the market? The only way to find out is to try. No harm in making the effort, right? Ebay is free for most, unless you sell it, or Autotrader or Hemmings at about $35 a pop. Good luck to you!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NC01TA
It seems logical to me, but is there the market? The only way to find out is to try. No harm in making the effort, right? Ebay is free for most, unless you sell it, or Autotrader or Hemmings at about $35 a pop. Good luck to you!
Appreciate the input, thank you! I'll probably start off with autotrader, tech, craigslist, and ebay.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Beautiful car. If you sit on it awhile I bet you could pull $23-24k pretty easily.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KS-LS1
Beautiful car. If you sit on it awhile I bet you could pull $23-24k pretty easily.
Thank you. Surpisingly, there is already a ton of interest in the car and it isn't even officially listed for sale just yet. Don't think it will last too long!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:00 AM
Launching!

SOLD without officially listing for sale. Man, didn't expect her to go that quickly.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Congratulations! I'm glad you found that buyer that paid you what you wanted. I agree with your smilie, I think you will miss it somewhat.

Quick Reply: 99 FRC 42k miles, Arctic White, Fully Built, A&A charged, CCWs