What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

99 White FRC (Salvage Title)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 99 White FRC (Salvage Title)

I sold my F-body and would like to buy an frc. Test drove this 99 from a local craigslist add. Let me say there is not many vettes in northern MN, let alone frc's. So I thought I would check it out. The car needed some work, had 121,000 miles, panel fitment needed some help, trunk lid and rear bumper cover needed some work, check engine light and low oil light were on, missing emblems, etc.
I used to do bodywork for a living, so that stuff isn't a big deal. I also have a motor in the works, a 408 , which I thought would complement this light weight chassis .
I just wanted some member feedback, asking price was 9900, I was thinking 7500??? I may hold out for a nice one and save myself the headache but I will have to get a one way ticket to buy another one, and the thought of buying one over the internet sort of frightens me. Thanks for your input.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

100% hold out for a nice one. Even doing the labor yourself, replacement parts (body panels/parts) add up very quickly and in the end it still won't be as clean as an unmolested model. Just my opinion of course.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Go with your gut.... however, even at 10 grand that pretty cheap even with that mileage here in NC they would be asking around 14,000.

Sounds like its lead a hard life. Salvage title with poor fitting body panels makes me think wreck recovery and that means if you are thinking about taking it... get underneath it and look hard!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Staging Lane

Default Thanks for the feedback!

I think I will hold out for a nice one. My Camaro was nice so why go backwards! Thanks, this is why I like this website.

Quick Reply: 99 White FRC (Salvage Title)