What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Need help in pricing

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help in pricing

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/3116921528.html

Owner would sell it at $10K. Per seller car has no issues at all (they all say that right?). Car is about 1.5 hrs away so I need all the info I can gather before I go see the car.

I know its kinda hard to make an honest evaluation by just reading a CL ad but based on your first hand experience and gut feeling, is the price fair?

Car was consistent time was around 11.80. Comes with all the stock parts.

Looking to have a cruiser / weekend car, maybe go the track once just to experience it.

Pls let me now what the car is worth. Thanks in advance.

A/C has been removed but all the parts comes with the sale. Is it possible to reinstall the AC and not affect the engines performance?

Last edited by sammatt1; 07-05-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:58 PM

Anybody??? Throw me a bone here.

Someone got to have some sort of an opinion.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

1) CL ad = bad.
2) Modded car like this = potentially bad.
3) A/C removed = bad.
3) Nowhere near enough info to make an educated guess = would be bad.
4) Potential money pit = bad, if not worse.

Opinion = AVOID!!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by NC01TA
1) CL ad = bad.
2) Modded car like this = potentially bad.
3) A/C removed = bad.
3) Nowhere near enough info to make an educated guess = would be bad.
4) Potential money pit = bad, if not worse.

Opinion = AVOID!!
Thanks for the input.

One thing I forgtot to mention (a red flag to me) is that I asked for paperwork for all the mods, dyno and track sheets and he said he does not any of it which I thought was kinda strange. He said it was done by him and his mechanic friend.

I see your point, but if modding a car is bad thing to do, why do so many people do it to their cars?
Old 07-06-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

...because it is a personal choice with personal property. It is wonderful for many owners to mod a car to their own specs but they can't expect others to like what they have done and then expect good $$ out of it too. Far too many owners have learned that the hard way. This section is full of owners that can't get a dime back over a price guide quote despite thousands and thousands of dollars invested. There are $30,000+ modded cars that can't bring $12,000. Sometimes a buyer will be found that will pay good money but it is rather rare and should not be expected. Let's face it, once the modding begins so does the hard miles in 95% of cases. Buyers aren't looking for hard driven abused cars, especially ones that cost more than price guides.
Enjoy your car, mod your car but don't expect anything back that you put into it. That's the key to happy ownership.

As far as that CL car , you are quite right, another red flag has been thrown your way. No paperwork or documentation? I wouldn't even consider a car like that unless I was a first rate mechanic that could repair everything wrong with the car. Nothing but a potential money pit.

Quick Reply: Need help in pricing