What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 Camaro Z28 Sunset Orange LOW MILES

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 Camaro Z28 Sunset Orange LOW MILES

I had it listed here for a while and on CL, got a few offers then decided not to sell. Put it back up and now nothing.

here's the listing
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...low-miles.html

here's pics:

Old 07-04-2012, 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

I'm thinking it may be best just to basically demod it and take what I can get out of it. I'm not desperate to sell, but i'd like to move it before the market gets any worse.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think you are about right on,as far as price goes.....

i wouldnt touch it,i would leave the car the way it is & ride it out......but thats me.
what happens if you demod it & it still does not sell?
then you are stuck with a car, that you once had it the way you wanted & now is not.........

good luck!
Old 07-04-2012, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by heymoej
i think you are about right on,as far as price goes.....

i wouldnt touch it,i would leave the car the way it is & ride it out......but thats me.
what happens if you demod it & it still does not sell?
then you are stuck with a car, that you once had it the way you wanted & now is not.........

good luck!
Yeah, that's exactly what i'm struggling with now. I will probably leave it sit and if it doesn't go by winter just demod it then and get aggressive with a sale when spring breaks next year.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

That price is very fair for a 15,000 miles stock Camaro in that color. The mods are just killing your sale. As has been posted numerous times, your buying market for such a heavily modded car is extremely limited. Younger guys that generally don't have that kind of $$, plus the loan situation is very difficult for them for a car of this type. You seem to be patient and you might just get lucky and find that one certain buyer that has the cash and loves the mods you have done. If you want, wait for him. If not, take the car back to stock or as close as humanly possible and watch it sell much quicker than with the mods. You would be opening up the buyer's market to every age group and even to females. GLWS!
Old 07-05-2012, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NC01TA
That price is very fair for a 15,000 miles stock Camaro in that color. The mods are just killing your sale. As has been posted numerous times, your buying market for such a heavily modded car is extremely limited. Younger guys that generally don't have that kind of $$, plus the loan situation is very difficult for them for a car of this type. You seem to be patient and you might just get lucky and find that one certain buyer that has the cash and loves the mods you have done. If you want, wait for him. If not, take the car back to stock or as close as humanly possible and watch it sell much quicker than with the mods. You would be opening up the buyer's market to every age group and even to females. GLWS!
I would agree with you, but I listed it as stock once (but didn't demod it) and all I got were lowballers or people that saw my ad before and basically wanted it for less since the mods were gone. I think i'll let it ride for now and slowly demod it. Once winter hits, it'll probably go back to basically stock then and when spring hits i'll get more aggressive with selling. If it sells, it sells, if not, o-well.

I agree though, I do think the mods are more of a hindrance to a sale than a help. If the converter and cam were a little bit more tame it might be different.

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro Z28 Sunset Orange LOW MILES