What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

New member and Looking to buy an LS1

Old 06-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member and Looking to buy an LS1

I'm a new member from Mississippi and have been looking around at purchasing an ls1 for some time now. I found one close to where I live with everything I have been looking for: 6MT, leather, and under 90k miles. The only thing is that I was wondering if this car was over priced or valued appropriately for what is done to it and with your experience with these cars would you buy it or keep looking for another one. These forums are much more organized and helpful than other car platform threads I have been on, keep up the good work
Old 06-28-2012, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much is the car ?
Old 06-29-2012, 07:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Condition? Price? Clean title? Who owns it now? Need way more info.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Teching In

My bad guys I posted this from my phone and was in a hurry so here it is: the link to the ad http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/3094839224.html He is asking 12k for a clean title'd, two owner 2000 SLP SS Camaro with 59k miles on it. He has had it dyno'd and says that it's making 340 HP/ 350 TQ to the wheels with the bolt ons, and claims that it has always been babied.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

6 spd. t top. ls1. you are on the right track
Old 07-08-2012, 08:47 AM
TECH Junkie

A CL car always raises ???? so you have to be very careful right off the bat. The photos appear to indicate a nice neighborhood and a sweet companion car with the SS. The mileage is very appealing if the owner is serious about the car being 'babied'. $12,000 is dealer pricing for this car and 'private party' should be closer to $10,000, maybe $11,000 if just incredible and you love it. The $12,000 is an asking price so maybe the car can be had for $10,000. ** Again, this is a car that should be in Autotrader for a lousy $35 ad, or at least ebay. When you see it on a free site like CL you can't help but wonder 'why'?? Cheap owner? Bogus? Issues not disclosed? Are the photos even real? Once you get the clear Carfax and the address, make sure it jives with the photos. If you find yourself driving down 'ghetto avenue', turn around quick!! Good luck!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

that last picture of the interior is not like any camaro i have owned.......

TA maybe.?.?

maybe they posted the wrong pic, or they are trying to mislead people.?.?
Old 07-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Teching In

I have other pictures of the car that he text to me and I've got the VIN and will have a friend of mine run it at his dealership tomorrow. When I go look at it is there anything that I should look at in particular to tell if it was a DD or a weekend racer or for any problems. Thanks for the help so far guys, can't wait until I have my own.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Also what do you guys think about all of the extra SLP stuff he put on the car, I know that some people do not like it, is that because of the clearance issues and/ or the performance to price aspect of their products?
Old 07-08-2012, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heymoej
that last picture of the interior is not like any camaro i have owned.......

TA maybe.?.?

maybe they posted the wrong pic, or they are trying to mislead people.?.?
Yeah, that is surely a Trans Am interior. maybe uploaded wrong picture though.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

CL, gotta love it. Innocent mistakes or intentional?
Nothing wrong with additional SLP items. It's a personal choice. Some like, some don't.
OP, you need to take someone with you (your friend at the dealership would be nice) that has some knowledge on what to look for with these cars so you don't get taken or hurt. Do NOT buy with emotion. Again, good luck!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Nothing wrong with additional SLP items. It's a personal choice. Some like, some don't.
OP, you need to take someone with you (your friend at the dealership would be nice) that has some knowledge on what to look for with these cars so you don't get taken or hurt. Do NOT buy with emotion. Again, good luck!
thats great advice,right there........^^^^^^^^

good luck!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Thanks for the advice, he would go with me but he's a salesman so he really wouldn't know what to look for mechanically, I was going to take it to the dealership and have the shop go over the engine with their 125 point check.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New member and Looking to buy an LS1