What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Whats a Fair asking price? As is or de-mod?

Old 07-15-2012, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whats a Fair asking price? As is or de-mod?

First, thanks for looking at/reading my thread. Obviously this is a two part question:
1) how much is the car worth if I sell it with all the mods?
2) How much would the car sell for if I put the stock suspension, rear end, shifter, intake etc back. (I'm not going to remove the exhaust, clutch or appearance mods)

Here is the rundown on the car. It's a 1995 Z28, black, Hardtop (no T-top), 97,2XX miles. I'm the second owner and bought it bone stock in 2003 with 82,xxx miles on it. Paint is in good shape, but there are some dents/dings places and the front bumper is peeling on the driver's side at the bottom. No fading at all though. Pics attached are not super recent, but pretty much what the car looks like except for the front bumper.

Issues: A/C needs to be recharged, headliner is starting to sag a bit, bumper needs paint as described above

Modifications are as follows:
Intake/Cooling – SLP Cold Air with K&N filters. 1LE Intake elbow, Throttle Body bypass, 160degree Thermostat, Meziere electric water pump

Exhaust - Jet-Hot Long tube headers, hooker 3” Y-Pipe, Magnaflow resonator with original SLP Loudmouth system

Drive Train - Strange 12 bolt rear axle with 4.10 gear, Pro 5.0 shifter and short stick, Spec Stage 3 clutch, LS1 aluminum driveshaft

Suspension - Eibach LT1 Pro-kit springs and Koni 4/3 shocks, Spohn transmission mounted adjustable torque arm, Spohn single adjustable Lower Control Arms and single adjustable Pan Hard Bar.

Brakes - SJM Line-lock with hidden switches in the ash tray (also cross drilled/slotted rotors, but I know those don't help the price at all)

Appearance - 5% tint on the rear and 35% on the side windows. Stainless steel Camaro Inlay on rear bumper. Chrome Corvette Z06 wheels (17x9.5) with new (less than 800 miles) BF Goodrich KDW2s, short antenna.

Been garage kept and a non-daily driver since I've owned it and has had Mobil 1 and AMSOIL changed once a season.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for your input.
Attached Thumbnails Whats a Fair asking price? As is or de-mod?-p1010159-sale.jpg   Whats a Fair asking price? As is or de-mod?-p1010163-sale.jpg   Whats a Fair asking price? As is or de-mod?-p1010156-sale.jpg   Whats a Fair asking price? As is or de-mod?-p1010160-sale.jpg   Whats a Fair asking price? As is or de-mod?-p1010164-sale.jpg  

Old 07-16-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

There is a lot of good info already posted about modded cars such as yours and the values. Take a look. Your car is quite similar.
Briefly, and unfortunately, with either situation, your 17 year old modded car or closer to 'stock' car with almost 6 figures on the odometer, is going to be priced about the same. The issues you mention (a/c, paint, dings, etc...) are negatives to any buyer unless someone wants to start your car off as a 'project'. I don't know what your mods cost but if you can get some serious $$ for the parts I would go that route, and then sell the car if you have the original parts (smart move to keep them). Selling parts is a pain though and not always successful.
Price guides have your car in 'fair' condition (your car sure looks better than that but i'm going by your description) in the $3,800 - $4,500 area. The mods won't add much value and maybe none. GLWS!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Teching In

With the mods, I think you could get $6.5k pretty easily. Maybe start there and takeoffers. What else are you going to buy in that price range that looks and sounds that good that's also pretty quick and reliable?

Lots of young people want affordable muscle cars.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I keep going back and forth about de-modding or selling it with the mods. I guess neither is a perfect solution.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats a Fair asking price? As is or de-mod?