What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1998 Camaro Z28 LS1

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1998 Camaro Z28 LS1

So I am new here, and am starting off with a question I am sure y'all have been asked multiple times before. "What is this car worth?"
The car in question is a 1998 Camaro Z28. It has an LS1, Automatic trans, and T-Tops. Oh, and leather interior. The car has 191k on the odo, and about 20k on rebuilt motor/trans.
Only mods the car has is Muffler "delete", SLP Lid, and 4.10 gears.
Here is where the question of value comes into play.
The interior is nice minus cracked up dash and tear in driver's seat.
Paint is a little beat up, car has a good amount of scuffs/scratches and bumps and bruises. No huge dents, but it looks like some kid has owned it since new. Front clip is getting resprayed white(not sure on quality of job) because it looked like **** and i said i didnt want it if the front bumper wasnt gonna get re sprayed. The front fenders are a bit hazy, lack the same sheen as the rest of the car. Front bumper is just crap. Looks almost like white primer with clear cloat lol. Weird lookin right now. Anywho, all that is getting re sprayed.
It has a new front end basically, ball joints, tie rods, etc. New brakes, new tires. Chromes Z28 Rims. New allignment getting done today, and paint is supposed to go on tonight.
That is mostly all of the details I can give.
P.S. The EGR is pinched off, AC is removed. Throws CEL up, which is said to be EGR(obviously)

I am possibly trading this car for my 1994 Torch Red Mustang. Has 180k miles on the stock 302, and stock 5 speed trans. New clutch, brand new paint, 03 cobra wheels, lowered, black leather interior, shaved emblems, cobra front clip, s-281 wing, etc. Only mods are Lowering springs, Firewall adjuster, clutch quadrant, O/R H pipe. Literally bone stock otherwise. I paid $4,600 for it.

I guess what I am really trying to ask is, I aint stupid for wanting to trade am I? lol. Car ran like hell, one of the quickest cars I have driven yet. Besides a couple aluminum headed 340 rwhp+ foxbodies.
Here is a pic of my car, and one of the white camaro in question. Any opinions or comments are always appreciated. New to the Camaro/Bow-tie world so I would like to hear what y'all have to say!

http://sn95forums.com/showthread.php...11#post1024911

I really dig this camaro, even though I will miss having brand new paint, lol.
But the fact that this stock camaro will eat majority of the built 5.0's, is awesome. Lit the tires up nearly effortlessly compared to my old big cam 86 Notchback. Gained a LOT of respect for the camaro after driving one. I've been decimated before by LS's, even with a 100 shot in the notch. Definitely would be sick to have one.

Last edited by Ryan_S_LS1; 07-16-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Title
Old 07-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Teching In

$3,000-4,000. I wouldn't do the deal on that car if I were you. Sounds a little beat. Hold out for a cleaner, lower mileage one.. If you want an LS1, sell your Mustang privately, scratch up some more money, then go out and look for nicer LS1.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, your cars are worth the same, but that Camaro sounds beat to **** when your car seems to be in much better shape.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:42 PM

Think so..? Hmm.. Gonna have to wait a little more and see what cash offers or trade offers I get for my car. I have a 100 dollar down payment on a 93 Coupe, but the buyer backed out of buying my car so the deal fell through. Guess I will wait and just see how everything unfolds, and see how the front clip of the Camaro looks after paint. thx for the help so far

Last edited by Ryan_S_LS1; 07-16-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

AVOID the Z28 car. Too much mileage overall (despite the motor) and too many issues. That car is closer to F-body heaven than not. Or should I say F-body h*ll
Good advice posted above. Get what you can for your Ford and save up a little for a decent LS1. $8,000 would put you into a half decent car, light years ahead of that nearly 200k miles Camaro which has the very realistic potential of being a 'money pit' car costing you dearly.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by NC01TA
AVOID the Z28 car. Too much mileage overall (despite the motor) and too many issues. That car is closer to F-body heaven than not. Or should I say F-body h*ll
Good advice posted above. Get what you can for your Ford and save up a little for a decent LS1. $8,000 would put you into a half decent car, light years ahead of that nearly 200k miles Camaro which has the very realistic potential of being a 'money pit' car costing you dearly.
This is something I kinda thought after reading the posts. You just put it into words better lol
But, yeah, I mean there are a few SS 6 Speeds I saw that I liked on craigslist. Most being around 7-8k asking price. So I figure hustle up a couple more grand, end up w/ 7k, and I could probably snag up a camaro that I am happy with.
Asking prices of 10k though? Whole new world! lol, thats gonna have to wait til after high school.
Anywho, thank you for all the advice guys. Hopefully, if things go right, I can get a nice LS before senior year.

Quick Reply: 1998 Camaro Z28 LS1