What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

estimating value

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default estimating value

I have 01 ws6 ta with 25k, clean title and I am the original owner. Has procharger D1 with twin intercooler setup. Upgraded suspension. What is the estimated value besides kbb with the mods? Please do not suggest parting it as this is just a thought, since I literally never have the time to drive it.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its always hard getting money back out of mods. I'd say maybe $17-19K?
Old 08-15-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Check out the 'What's It Worth' section in the classifieds.
You will see that mods generally hurt the value of nice low mileage cars since they appeal to a smaller buyer's market, and generally a young market, the segment that has little cash and can't get loans easily. There are exceptions, but not usually. Owners love what they done to their cars and feel that they are worth more. That is human nature but it doesn't equate to real world selling prices. You would need to find that one certain buyer that loves what you have done to your car and is willing to shell out the big $$. Doesn't happen very often. You would be quite fortunate to see $14,000.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do agree. It is fairly tough to get back what you put in, especially on a car I paid 32k for. That's not including 7k of mods Ive done to it. The odds are I will probably keep her for life but hard to justify somthing that I only get to drive it few months out of the year due to the harsh MN winters.
But 14k seems wholesale low.. Go check to see what procharger kits go for and how much bone stock ws6 goes for with 25k on it. I have all stock parts to revert back to factory. I am certain I can get much more than 14k, regardless of target market. I was just wanting some input as to what other fbody owners would think.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say $17kish if the right person comes up, if you do sell it you're probably better off selling the procharger by itself and the car separately.

But then people are gonna use the "Well the car has been procharged before so that hurts the engine blah blah blah" excuse to drive the price down.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowrider
I do agree. It is fairly tough to get back what you put in, especially on a car I paid 32k for. That's not including 7k of mods Ive done to it. The odds are I will probably keep her for life but hard to justify somthing that I only get to drive it few months out of the year due to the harsh MN winters.
But 14k seems wholesale low.. Go check to see what procharger kits go for and how much bone stock ws6 goes for with 25k on it. I have all stock parts to revert back to factory. I am certain I can get much more than 14k, regardless of target market. I was just wanting some input as to what other fbody owners would think.
I underlined the obvious. I know they are horribly expensive but who is going to pay top $$ for your used kit along with the car?? That's a tough sell no matter what spin you put on it. I'm glad you want to keep it. Of course your car is worth much more than $14,000. Now go find a buyer. You will be surprised unless you get very lucky.
I agree completely with you about the stock issue. If the car was stock then premiums would be added on to a 25,000 miles car. Unfortunately yours is not stock. You have hurt the value. Returning the car to stock and pretending it was stock from day one isn't the right way to sell a car. I feel your pain about laying out the $32,000 way back when. I did the same with my 'vert and it was a $33,000 sticker. I have 30,000 miles on mine (100% stock and in excellent condition) and I know what I can get for it. It is worth much more than I can really get for it. I've been around far too long to think otherwise These posters throwing out figures in the high teens are just being nice. Anyone can say what a car is worth. Sure, your car and my car are worth $20,000. Now go find the buyer. Maybe you will, but not likely.

** I won't post anymore about your car. I don't mean to upset you. Just sharing real world experince selling and buying these cars, and collector cars, for many years. I tell my car club members not to get too excited when they list their cars at prices they want. Afte rtwo weeks of no phone calls then reality strikes and the prices are set at proper selling points when the phone actually rings with real offers.

Last edited by NC01TA; 08-17-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Quick Reply: estimating value