What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2004 gto

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 gto

Whats going on guys,

Ive got a 2004 Pontiac GTO for sale and Im trying to figure out why it is not getting any interest. Or at least setious offers. Im selling it below KBB and I've done so much work! Is it just the economy?!

Go to eBay.com and type in 2004 Pontiac GTO, its priced at $13,500 buy it now, its cosmos purple and in California.

Need a 2nd,3rd or 4th opinion! Thanks again.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Launching!

More info needed on your car. Here's the bad news tho (no harm or disrespect intended). Although you're car is probably in pristine condition it's an 04 (ls1) Gto and more likely an auto transmission. The three huge hurts on your car is its underpowered (5.7 not 6.0) it's an auto (I'm guessing) and no dual exhaust outlet or ls2 scooped hood. Even the m6 ls2's are starting to go down in price. Hell mine got totaled a few months ago and my insurance co denied claim, I was tried to sell it before the wreck for 14000 (clean title low miles) perfect condition some mods. I made 11.5k parting it out vs 14k outright sale. So to answer your question sir you should be in the 9.5-11k range depending on condition and miles for a reasonable sale. Don't go by blue book it's only a generic guide not real world prices. Hope this novel helps you out.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Its listed on eBay. I cant access the site from work.Has pictures and video.

Heres a list of things it has done:

Sports 35% Tint all the way around
Has 2006 GTO tail lights

K&N Cold Air Intake
Kooks Ceramic Coat Long Tube headers
Custom Catless Mid Pipes
Magnaflow Exhaust
Comp Cams XER287HR-12 287/289 .605/.609 lift 112 LSA
LS7 Clutch Kit with less 1,500 Miles
3.91 Gears direct from DiffTechs in Australlia
Harrop Differential Cover with Pedders Differential Insert
SLP Skid Plate

Noltec Radius Rod Bushings
Pedders Zero Drop Springs
Monroe GT shocks all around with less than 10K Miles
Slotted Front Rotors
EBC Red Pads all the way around

This Car has been meticulously maintained. I have owned since 2008. It has about 69,XXX It has a clean title and is in hand. Vehicle Registration is current until July 2013. I have a folder full of Original Dealer paperwork, maintenance receipts and repairs done. Second factory key is present as well. I have put less than 20,000 miles on her since ownership, and most were highway between Ridgecrest and the Bay Area. Smog will be provided as well at time of sale. Have Factory exhaust as well that will go with car for future smogs. Has been dyno and tuned by Syngery in Fremont, CA. 380HP/395TQ
Old 09-26-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

So much to say. I am guessing this is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...item416b6f193f
Let me first state that you have an excellent well written ad, but the most God awful photos imaginable. You can't say the car is meticulously maintained and show a torn seat, a towel in the back, water bottle and cap on the passenger seat, and a pretty rough looking driver's seat. That sounds like a used car salesman. Also the exterior images are poorly shown with shadows, too much distance from the car, etc... My advice is to clean up the car and get rid of all the junk inside, and then take quality photos in the proper lighting. If you want serious offers you need to get serious about selling.
Next up is the explanation why the car will have few offers even after the photos are changed. Your mods appeal to a younger type crowd and probably male only. That eliminates most men over the age of 30, (not all but most) and women. This much smaller demographic of young males only means you are generally dealing with a segment that has the least amount of cash. They don't have the cash and getting a loan for a modded 8 year old car isn't the smartest idea, despite your description that the car is really nice.
I'm not trying be mean spirited, just pointing out the issues that will help you and possibly get you some offers. Your price is reasonable although I personally feel that $12,500 would be a better starting point for this time of year as we rapidly approach the tough selling season near the holidays. GLWS!!

Quick Reply: 2004 gto