What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What is a 1997 Camaro SS worth? Has 20k in mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a 1997 Camaro SS worth? Has 20k in mods

What does everyone think this car is worth as it sits? Im wanting to get into a c6 Z06. I know its a LTX car and it seems like they dont seem to go for much no matter what is done. My brother-n-law may purchase the Stange S60 and a few other things off the car since i will make more that way.

Please click the link for pictures.

http://s1271.beta.photobucket.com/us...61176155244104

#1039 1997 CAMARO SS BLACK 6 SPEED
I’m located in Michigan but now live in San Antonio Texas.
The car has 105,000 on body but drivetrain has been all changed. I have about 20k in this car and I know i won't get it out but i don’t wanna part it out, it’s too nice of a car. Heads/cam motor and complete drivetrain. Car has never been in a wreck and is stored winters. I did all the modifications about 20,000 miles ago, while engine was out i repainted engine bay and polished a lot of aluminum under hood. You can eat off the engine and underneath of car. NO RUST anywhere. I have original running motor and factory parts still for car. The car has been dyno tuned and put 371 RWHP, 357 RWTQ. I have very high standards and would rate this car a 9/10. It needs nothing. You can show this car or weekend drive it on a 500 mile trip.

HERE IS WHATS DONE:

Engine/Trans/Rear axle:
• Fresh short block stock pistons, rods, crank, ARP studded 2 bolt mains, ARP rod bolts, new rings.

• LE1 Elliot port works heads with 1.56-2.00 Ferrea valves and Comp Cam 918 Bee hive springs.

• Matched ported intake by Elliot port works for 58mm throttle body, powder coated candy Red

• Comp Cam CC306
Comp Cam 1.6 Pro magnum Roller Rockers
Comp Cams Hi Tech push rods
Impala head gaskets
58 mm Holly throttle body
30 lb SVO injectors
Racetronics 255 lph hi flow fuel pump with hot wire kit.
MSD Optispark
ATI Super Damper
LT4 starter
LT4 timing set
New GM water pump
Pacesetter coated long tube headers and y pipe with cutout right before axle back. (all welded and hi temp ceramic coated.)
SLP TOTL exhaust

• McLeod clutch 7500 rpm disc (I had this setup apart at with 15k miles to add scatter shield and has zero slippage or wear on flywheel/ pressure plate)
LT4 pressure plate
Centerforce SFI approved steel flywheel
McLeod blow proof scatter shield (keep your feet and car safe)
3.5" Strange driveshaft with chrome molly joints
Strange S60 rear axle with 4:11 gears
Pro 5.0 shifter

Suspension/Brakes:
C5 Corvette front brakes and braided brake lines
Spohn chrome moly tubular control arms
Sphon 35 mm front sway bar
BMR adjustable Torque Arm and Transmission relocation Brace
UMI double adjustable Panhard bar with roto joints
UMI lower control arm relocation brackets
Strano springs/ Bilstien shocks
BMR welded sub frame connectors
SLP driveshaft safety loop
new wheel bearings with lifetime warranty
Moog upper and lower ball joints
New steering rack with Moog inner and outer tie rod ends
SLP line lock
SLP air intake (have original SLP SS as well)
Chrome Zr-1 9.5" rims front and 11” deep dish rear
New Nitto NTO5-R tires on rear ( 300 miles on them)

Interior:
I had the center console, kick panels, rear sail panels, and trunk panels wrapped in leather and stitched professionally. Really makes the car feel nice inside. The driver’s side seat as the normal wear but the other seats are like new. White faced gauges, C6 corvette shifter ****. Kenwood KDC-X995 CD/mp3/Bluetooth/USB player. 10” Infinity subwoofer in stealth box. Pioneer 800W Mono amp.

Exterior:
I have had both bumpers and hood repainted (since these cars pick up so many rock chips) The paint work was done by the MSX internationals Paint shop manager. This company painted all the GM International auto show cars for several years as well as producing most of the body parts for the first Vipers.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

Default ttt

i think the cars sweeeet!! 9k isnt all that bad either. not sure if youll get it. then again ....nobodys really gettin **** for anything lately.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

You've done a great job of keeping it up, and yes the interior is really nice with the work you've done. 9 maybe high, but I would market it there as well to start. It has obviously been cared for well.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Beautiful car.

I'd post this or at least a link to it in the LT1 section on here. You'll get alot more responses and hear from more people who know and/or own LT1 SS's.

Quick Reply: What is a 1997 Camaro SS worth? Has 20k in mods