What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Thinking of buying a 2000 Fixed Roof coupe Vette -- thoughts on the asking price?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of buying a 2000 Fixed Roof coupe Vette -- thoughts on the asking price?

Looking at buying a 2000 FRC that's local for about 11 or 12 k (it's listed at 12). It has 111k miles on it, red with black interior, m6 of course. paint is about a 9-9.5 out of 10, interior is about 9 out of 10. has hud and dual climate. Tires are in decent shape. Seems like a steal but i'd have to sell my beasted out transam

Any thoughts on if that's a decent price? seems to be, the car is almost stock except z06 titanium exhaust, drilled/slotted rotors and blackwing intake. It appears to be very well maintained and I trust the guy selling it as far as the condition of the car.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I rarely would recommend a 13 year old Corvette with over 100k miles to anyone unless they knew and trusted the seller (owner). That appears to be the case with you. If you really are comfortable with him and have seen and experienced the Corvette first hand, then it is fairly priced. You still have to ask the pertinent questions though. 6 figures on the odometer means repairs are around the corner, no matter how well cared for. Has the clutch been replaced at some point? If not, you know it is pushing the limit, and it isn't cheap. Tires OK (quality) besides your words of 'decent'? Brakes? All expensive items. I'm afraid your perspective could be a bit jaded as well. I rarely have seen such high '9 out of 10' marks for cars with that mileage. Perhaps take a friend with you for an honest 'look'. That is still a lot of $$ and you don't want to sink thousands more into it. If everything checks out, best of luck!!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like a good price! I bought my z with 97k miles and has 123k on it now. Needed a wheel bearing is all.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NC01TA
I rarely would recommend a 13 year old Corvette with over 100k miles to anyone unless they knew and trusted the seller (owner). That appears to be the case with you. If you really are comfortable with him and have seen and experienced the Corvette first hand, then it is fairly priced. You still have to ask the pertinent questions though. 6 figures on the odometer means repairs are around the corner, no matter how well cared for. Has the clutch been replaced at some point? If not, you know it is pushing the limit, and it isn't cheap. Tires OK (quality) besides your words of 'decent'? Brakes? All expensive items. I'm afraid your perspective could be a bit jaded as well. I rarely have seen such high '9 out of 10' marks for cars with that mileage. Perhaps take a friend with you for an honest 'look'. That is still a lot of $$ and you don't want to sink thousands more into it. If everything checks out, best of luck!!
I will ask about the clutch but it felt very good when I drove it. The brakes have been replaced recently. I aggree it's rare to find a 13 year old ar that's a 9 of out 10 but it really is. I just bought and sold a 2000 camaro with 100k miles on it that was garage kept it's whole life and was a solid 9 out of 10 so they are out there. I appreciate the reply. I have been looking for a while and have been pressed to find one below 13k within driving distance that wasn't up in the 150-160k miles range. Luckily I have a lot of experience with LS1's but am not sure about the trans on this car as far as the clutch goes. I've done plenty of clutches on f-bodies but not sure if the clutch on this is a diy job.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Teching In

i have a 99 nassau blue frc. i just put a new clutch in it and its a whole diffrent animal from the fbodys. It was a very long 2 day project, You basically take apart the whole car.

As for the price, its a great deal at 11k. Ive bought 2, a 99 nassau blue, and a 2000 torch red. The nassau blue i paid a lil more for based on the color and it had 82000 miles. The red one had a lot of aftermarket parts and 90000 miles. Based on what you have told us about the car, if it was me i would purchase it with no hesitation.

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a 2000 Fixed Roof coupe Vette -- thoughts on the asking price?