What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 pewter Trans Am A4

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 pewter Trans Am A4

Unfortunately, the time has come to sell my baby. I will soon be transitioning out of the military and have bigger fish to fry at this point in time. Curious as to what everybody thinks I should ask for her, any and all help is appreciated.

As stated, car is a 99 pewter TA. Just rolled over 80k the other day. A4, ebony leather, and tastefully modded. All modifications were installed last summer when I returned from deployment. Mods are as follows.

TSP 1 3/4" stainless headers
TSP catted Y pipe
SLP LM1
slp lid
Ls6 intake
!Air!egr
Dyno tune by FLP. Just over 325/335 to the wheels
UMI dbl adj lca
UMI lca relos
Koni 4/4 shocks
Strano springs
Strano hollow sways
UMI weld in SFC

Car runs perfect. Made two passes at the track after the tune. Ran a 12.79 and 12.801. Engine has the infamous LS sewing machine noise upon cold start, but nothing out of the ordinary.

For the bad. Front bumper cover has spiderwebbing from somebody backing into me slightly at a gas station. Will need to be resprayed, noticable from 10 feet.

Rearend has started making a little bit of noise, mostly when under load and taking turns at slow speed. Not sure if it is a wheel bearing, carrier bearing, or what.

Could use a new y pipe and catback. The catted Y I purchase from TSP was a horrendous fit. I lack welding skills so I took it to an exhaust shop and they put some ugly welds on there without me knowing.

Couple door dings here and there, But overall in good condition. Runs flawlessly.

Like I said, just trying to get a rough estimate of what I should be asking. I will attempt to get some pics up soon, But I'm currently on my phone with No access to a computer.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

Bump.

Out of town on a training exercise. I have No way of uploading pics as all I have is my phone.

Hoping somebody can give me a number here!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

I'd start your asking price at $8,000 and slowly move it down a couple hundred every few weeks until it sells. Should go for at least $7,000 if it's what you say it is. Good luck.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuffguy610
I'd start your asking price at $8,000 and slowly move it down a couple hundred every few weeks until it sells. Should go for at least $7,000 if it's what you say it is. Good luck.
I agree with this advice. $8,000 is not 'out of line' as an asking price before negotiations. $7,950 has that nice ring to it psychologically
Old 05-03-2013, 01:21 AM
TECH Regular

I appreciate the advice guys.

8k is exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: 1999 pewter Trans Am A4