What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

99 firebird

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 firebird

What is this worth to part out or sell? It is a V6 that is for sale nearby with an engine issue so no longer runs and i thought of getting it and parting it out but wasn't sure if it would be worth the effort.
Attached Thumbnails 99 firebird-firebird1.jpg   99 firebird-firebird-2.jpg  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Unless you get it for next to nothing, like $1,000 or less, it won't be worth the effort, especially if all the 'parts' have 6 figures in mileage on them. Everything gets worn out and many potential buyers will be turned off by nearly 15 year old high mileage parts. Sure, you'll make some $$ but nothing 'considerable'. The extensive time and effort of taking the parts off, listing them for sale, finding buyers, going to UPS (more time and gas money), the satisfaction or grief of the buyer (some demand refunds) is a real pain in the butt
I've sold many vintage parts for my car collector club members, most recently hard to find parts from some well maintained low mileage cars from the 60's to 80's. I didn't even have to take off the parts, they were just given to me to sell. I won't do that again. People haggle you to death and the market is thinner than you think for parts on specific cars. That's why salvage yards have hundreds and hundreds of cars to pick parts from, otherwise they would not make it. The time involved for me was extensive and just too much to consider it fun or a hobby or even a favor for something in return. The money made was minimal. If we were talking thousands and thousands of dollars, then that would be worth the effort and basically a 'job' at that point.

Quick Reply: 99 firebird