What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Good deal or Pass? Need Advice.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good deal or Pass? Need Advice.

I have found a 98 z28 with 92k original miles. There are a few problems that he has named. MAF Sensor, IAC code is thrown, needs some carpet in the interior, and the whole car is primered black. These are the problems he named. He just texted me telling me that if I bring him $2,200 today I can take it home. He lives 2 hours away so I would rather not waste time but this deal sounds almost too good to be true. Its an auto by the way. I'm about to post pics.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Well now its not letting me upload pics from my phone..
Old 05-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Sounds like an ok deal but I'd want to drive it for 30 minutes before handing over $2200
Old 05-16-2013, 03:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Sounds too good to be true???
Depends how rough it actually is. Hard to picture such a beast with primer paint and in need of carpet, throwing codes, etc.... Sounds horribly abused and neglected from what you describe. Even if you put $1,000 into a so-so paint job and another $2,000 into the mechanical issues and cosmetic problems, that would still put you at $5,200. If you were done at that price point, and happy with the car, then maybe it is OK to buy. So much other info is needed though. If anything is wrong with the drivetrain on top of all the issues already mentioned, just forget it. The last thing anyone wants is a 'money pit' for a car, especially a 15 year old car with close to 100,000 miles on it. Don't let your emotions get carried away with this. Step back and totally analyze it. Be smart!

Quick Reply: Good deal or Pass? Need Advice.