What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 Trans Am Ws6 Convt.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1999 Trans Am Ws6 Convt.

Trying to get an idea on pricing so I know how big of a boat I can buy.

92,000 miles bought bone stock with 81,000 miles and had Livernois motorsports renew and mod the engine for me.

Livernois Motorsports Stage 2 CNC Ported LS-Series Cylinder Heads
Livernois Motorsports Stage 2 Camshaft
QTP Longtube Headers
QTP offraod Y-Pipe
GM MLS Head Gaskets
GM Exhaust Gaskets
ARP Head Bolts
Hardened Pushrods
NGK TR5 Spark Plugs
UMI Performance Sway Bars, Front 35mm & Rear 22mm
UMI Performance Shock Tower Brace, Mild Steel
Pro 5.0 w/ short stick
Lid
Fast92 Intake Manifold
92TB
Borla Cat Back full adjustable
Injectors
All engine work completed by Livernois along with the dyno tuning.
Stock audio other than replacing speakers: CDT Audio EU-61CV.2 Cast frame component Speaker System (front doors) CDT Audio CL-6SL shallow mount midbass driver (rear seats).
Never been to the track.
Cross drilled rotors.
Red top battery

Still have all original components.

Pictures here!https://www.dropbox.com/sc/lv006pn4iuxcq84/r5DCThX3Cy

Last edited by pturner; 06-05-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Wow! You don't see many triple white F-bodies. I really like it.
Keeping all the stock parts was a good move. I have no idea what is involved in putting the car back to stock but you may find it necessary if no buyers come along that appreciate your engine mods. I'm sure you can get $10,000 for the car and I would ask $11,000 to allow for negotiating room. Remember that very few are paying extra money for modifications. GLWS!!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Wow! You don't see many triple white F-bodies. I really like it.
Keeping all the stock parts was a good move. I have no idea what is involved in putting the car back to stock but you may find it necessary if no buyers come along that appreciate your engine mods. I'm sure you can get $10,000 for the car and I would ask $11,000 to allow for negotiating room. Remember that very few are paying extra money for modifications. GLWS!!
Thank you for the suggestions. I was originally thinking of asking $12,000 so we are close. I really hate selling the car but I never drive it and with the nice weather a boat sounds like a lot of fun.

I tried to keep the mods simple and high end so I could change it back but really dont want to lol.

I am thinking of Craigs List and Auto Trader. Has anyone had any luck with Ebay?

Paul
Old 06-06-2013, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

I don't think $12k sounds unreasonable for your car. I'd say post it for that and see what kind of interest in generates.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

No harm in asking $12,000 at all. If no bites, then lower the price.
Ebay is good only for national exposure for your car but the fees are too high and I stopped selling my car club members' cars on there about two years ago. There were also too many 'juvies' screwing around bidding and sending stupid e/mails, never mind the other lowball e/mails that were far too often.
I've had good luck with Autotrader and the prices are reasonable at about $40 for a long run. Not too many tire kickers and I find the buyers to be more genuine even though you still get the occasional idiots. CL is for scammers and crappy cars IMO and I don't even look for cars on there when I'm in the market. I'm sure there are some honest sellers and some fine cars on CL but it isn't worth the effort to fish them out of the muck. It also is a big negative IMO that the owner is so cheap that he isn't willing to lay out $40 or whatever for an ad. What does that indicate about the upkeep of the car he is selling?? I rarely will assist posters that want me to look at CL cars. I don't want to be any part of a poor experience or misrepresented car.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NC01TA
No harm in asking $12,000 at all. If no bites, then lower the price.
Ebay is good only for national exposure for your car but the fees are too high and I stopped selling my car club members' cars on there about two years ago. There were also too many 'juvies' screwing around bidding and sending stupid e/mails, never mind the other lowball e/mails that were far too often.
I've had good luck with Autotrader and the prices are reasonable at about $40 for a long run. Not too many tire kickers and I find the buyers to be more genuine even though you still get the occasional idiots. CL is for scammers and crappy cars IMO and I don't even look for cars on there when I'm in the market. I'm sure there are some honest sellers and some fine cars on CL but it isn't worth the effort to fish them out of the muck. It also is a big negative IMO that the owner is so cheap that he isn't willing to lay out $40 or whatever for an ad. What does that indicate about the upkeep of the car he is selling?? I rarely will assist posters that want me to look at CL cars. I don't want to be any part of a poor experience or misrepresented car.
Interesting perspective on CL.... but I can't say I disagree with you. I've sold my last 4 cars exclusively through CL & internet forums and avoided ebay, autotrader, etc. CL brings with it SO MANY tire kickers and people that are an absolute waste of time. I think it really also depends on the vehicle you are selling. If under $10k, I feel CL is a great way to go - anything over that I'd go towards Autotrader & forums.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Great feedback $12k and Autotrader/forums it is. I will list it on here and find a couple of other forums. As always thanks for the great information.

Quick Reply: 1999 Trans Am Ws6 Convt.