What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Should I?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I?

I have a 1984 Chevy camaro obd1 with a 305 I was thinking of swapping a ls2 motor in it but I want to know is it worth it? And if not what would be my best bet?
Old 06-08-2013, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is worth doing if it will make you happy. I do not like the berlinetta so I would pick another platform but that would be my choice.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:48 PM

Ok thanks but money wise do you think it's a smart a
swap?
Old 06-09-2013, 08:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by 84 Berlinetta
Ok thanks but money wise do you think it's a smart a
swap?
As with any car, if your Camaro is in really decent shape and you plan on keeping it for many years, then YES, it is worth it if you desire that.
However, throwing good $$ into a so-so car, or in a car you may not own next year, is basically throwing your money away as you will never come close to recouping any part of it. The car will not be worth anything extra. You can't even get back mod money on sweet rides, as has been addressed dozens of times here. Modding is only good for yourself, and even then you have to make sure you will keep the car awhile, otherwise the financial loss is painful. You really have to think about it.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:01 PM

Thank you and yes in plan on keeping it for a while it my first car and when ingot it it was automatic with a blown trams and it didn't run and I swaps it to manual and have done some minor upgrades but now inthinkbits time to go to an ls2!! But yeah but i love this camaro spin don't see me getting rid of it any time soon
Old 06-10-2013, 08:09 PM

Thank you and yes i plan on keeping it for a while its my first car and when i got it it was automatic with a blown trans and it didn't run, I swapped it to manual and have done some minor upgrades but now i think its time to go to an ls2!! But yeah but i love this camaro so i don't see me getting rid of it any time soon
Old 06-10-2013, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you already have the ls2???

Quick Reply: Should I?