What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 slp ss

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 slp ss

2002 SS Camaro, A4,NBM,96k miles, Black Leather, Ttops 12 disk cd changer

Came from factory with the 345 HP SLP options

Catback Exhaust
CME
17" Chrome wheels
SS Floormats
SS Trunk Mat
SS Keychain
Blackwing Lid

Car has BBK Longtubes

Has a few bubbles on the sail panel, and the AC needs recharged.

Interior is a 9.5/10
Exterior is a 8.5/10 due to those damn bubbles, and the clear coat on the SS front grill needing attention.

Whats this car worth?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

I hate to be negative right off the bat but I'm sure you want honesty about a real potential sales price.
9.5 out of 10 on a car with nearly 100k miles?? I would need to see that. I could possibly say that about my garage kept one owner 34k miles T/A but just couldn't fathom that rating with another 60,000 miles on it. If the a/c needs recharging, then something is wrong with it. What repair is needed?? It can be very expensive which obviously affects price. I sense some sugarcoating here and I know absolutely nothing about your car.
Maybe provide more details for a proper evaluation. How many owners? How are the tires, brakes, etc...?? Any Carfax issues? It would be silly to throw out prices when so much more info is needed. Otherwise just look up www.kbb.com in your zip code for generic pricing info, like fair or good condition.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am the second owner. The original owner is in his late 60's. I dont think a drink, or any food, pets, smoking, anything was ever done in it. Tires and brakes are brand new, Clean carfax with all service records since it was new. I have a folder thats about 4 inches thick with every oil change/tire change/ etc..etc..

The interior is ALMOST flawless. The only thing that has a blemish on it, is the ashtray lid hinge is broken, which I did when detailing the car.

I looked at KBB, but obviously thats a very generic pricing tool and not one used by ANYONE on this site.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GreenBlood55
2002 SS Camaro, A4,NBM,96k miles, Black Leather, Ttops 12 disk cd changer

Came from factory with the 345 HP SLP options

Catback Exhaust
CME
17" Chrome wheels
SS Floormats
SS Trunk Mat
SS Keychain
Blackwing Lid

Car has BBK Longtubes

Has a few bubbles on the sail panel, and the AC needs recharged.

Interior is a 9.5/10
Exterior is a 8.5/10 due to those damn bubbles, and the clear coat on the SS front grill needing attention.

Whats this car worth?
Your description failed to mention the 100 shot in your signature. Im assuming you removed it from the car but it still matters.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

The nitrous system was never installed. I bought it, added it to my sig, but it still sits in my garage.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

.....still waiting for the a/c answer please. It is important.
You are quite wrong about KBB. It is a very useful tool like any other. No, it is not the bible of car sales, but it is taken into consideration along with every other aspect of car selling. Ignoring it completely is being in denial. Buyers will not pay much over any price guide unless there are premiums attached. KBB is actually quite generous in some of their appraisals compared to NADA or 'lowball' Edmunds.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

A/C is working properly now. It needed a compressor. And no, I am not sugercoating the interior. I did not do it with the exterior, so why would I do it on the interior?

Quick Reply: 2002 slp ss