What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

01 Trans Am w/ 40k miles ws6 hood roller vs. built 383/turbo'd

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 01 Trans Am w/ 40k miles ws6 hood roller vs. built 383/turbo'd

This car has a Va repaired title currently, but when I register it in Pa, it may come back clear as that's what happened with my buddy's car that came out of Va and others I've heard of as well. Either way, I'm not a liar or scam artist like some and I will disclose that to the buyer regardless of the outcome. That being said I need to know what this car is worth in its current state vs. as a roller. The car is a 2001 NBM Trans Am with a WS6 hood. It only has 40k original miles on it. The paint does have 3 small areas with some cracks in it, but not real bad. It is a 6 speed with upgraded internals, Ram HD clutch, 383 stroker boost motor with an Eagle crank and rods with -28cc JE pistons, Patriot stage II LS6 72cc heads and a turbo cam(not sure of specs) with Autometer boost/vacuum gauge, shift light and Eboost2 boost controller. It has Delphi flow matched 42lb injectors, Walbro 255 lph in tank fuel pump, STS rear mount turbo kit (biggest sts kit you could get), stock rear with 3.42's and stock suspension. The ebony leather and door panels are mint.

I had every intention of pulling the STS kit off and going to a single front mount or D1 setup. But, after getting it home and discussing it with the amount of time and money involved, my wife and I agreed that it wasn't the most responsible decision to build up another car with only 1 income and a 1 year old. Plus I already have a TT WS6.

What would it be worth complete vs if I kept or sold the drive train separately?

Last edited by 01blackbeast; 06-27-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Part it out. Finding someone who has the cash to lay down on a heavily modified car is going to be tough. Someone looking for a loan on such a vehicle would probably have a tough time as well. There was a 1999 T/A for sale locally to me that was similarly modified. After about a year of trying to sell it outright, the guy finally broke down and started parting it out.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks GimmeLSX. I'm sure I'll get more money that way, but I feel like I'm committing vehicular homicide cause I'm killing a car. Hopefully if I'd leave it as a full roller, somebody would put a motor/tranny in it and drive it. 40k miles is just stupid low for these cars.

Last edited by 01blackbeast; 06-26-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though that car has low miles, the repaired title and all the mods will negate any low-mileage value that it would have had if the title was clear and the car was kept stock. Just something to think about. By the way, how do you like that STS setup?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

I haven't gotten the chance to drive it yet due to work. I'm going to pull it off and prolly sell my TT Incon kit as well and put a D1 on it in my other Trans Am. However, you really can't beat essentially bolt-on power that the STS kit makes.

Quick Reply: 01 Trans Am w/ 40k miles ws6 hood roller vs. built 383/turbo'd