What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Highly modified 1999 Trans am value?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highly modified 1999 Trans am value?

Ok guys, im looking to sell my TA in order to put some money down on a house. This is going to be a complicated car to put a value on. But here goes

Its a 1999 NBM Trans Am 6 speed with 126,000 miles. Has the ram air hood. The built engine has about 2500 miles on it, and the rearend has about 5000. All other parts have less that 300 miles on them.
I bought the car wrecked to use for a ls1 swap but then decided to repair it. As it sits it needs both fenders installed and a quarter panel replaced. I have all parts and would go with the sale.

As for the Mods.

ENGINE

Built 346ci LS6
LS6 Aluminum block
stock LS1 crank polished & rebalanced good 1000+ hp
Diamond flat top pistons 3.905" BORE / 3.622" Stroke
Diamond Pro-Select Piston Rings, 3.905 Bore
EAGLE 6.125" H beam rods
Custom grind cam By Futral motorsports (have cam card)
239 - 251 + 4 / 610 intake & 630 exhaust @ 114 (Good for N/A, blower or nitrous)
PRC Stage 2.5 5.3L CNC Ported Heads (milled for 11.5:1 compression)
Cometic Head Gasket 3.910
2.02"/1.575" Stainless Steel Valves
PRC .650" Lift Dual valve Springs, Titanium Retainers, Seats, & Seals
Comp Cams rods
GM Racing lifters
SLP Underdrive Pulley
SLP Double Roller Timing chain
GM LS6 Oil Pump
High Flow Fuel Rails
1 1/2" Fuel Pressure Gauge 1/8" NPT 1-100 psi
42 # Injectors
Meziere electric water pump (black)
Billet Valve cover Breathers
NGK TR55 plugs
Taylor LS1 Tundervolts Wires
LS6 intake, stock throttle body, Maf sensor, SLP lid.
Stock vavle covers
Stock oil pan
Stock coil packs

EXHAUST

Pacesetter 1 3/4 long tube headers
off road Y pipe
Borla catback exhaust with electric cutout

DRIVETRAIN
RPM level 5 6 speed transmission, micro polished (less that 300 miles)
tick adjustable master cylinder
monster level 3 clutch
Chrome moly driveshaft
Dana 60, 35 spline axles, 410 gears, Detroit locker and aluminum cover

SUSPENSION

UMI strut tower brace
UMI torque arm
UMI UMI driveshaft safety loop
UMI subframe connectors
UMI panhard bar
UMI lower control arms
Spohn Solid motor mounts
Old 08-01-2013, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

It's not complicated at all. Just read some of the posts here about modified cars and the lack of decent $$ they bring. Yours is no different as far as pricing. You probably have thousands of dollars invested so it hurts to read the stuff, but it is reality when it comes to actual selling and putting money in your pocket. Your previously wrecked F-body with 126,000 miles on it is not going to bring much. Very few buyers are going to hand over large chunks of cash. Some owners have decided to 'part out' their cars but I'm not sure if the effort required is worth it, or the eventual prices received for those parts. Someone else just posted about a 1,000 HP monster a few days ago here. Sure, the cars are worth a small fortune, but who is actually buying them?? No one has that kind of money. Who's interested in that type of car? Yup, young guns that have no money. That's the unfortunate side of modding.
** Just a side note: I'm not currently active or real knowledgeable about 1,000 HP cars. If there is a market out there that is willing to spend $15,000 - $20,000 cash for these rides I'd be more than happy to learn about this buying segment. I'm applying the usual 'tried and true' principle of normal modded machines. I'm just thinking back to my youthful days at the old Desoto drag strip in Bradenton FL where I used to track my Roadrunner in the 1970's. That crowd I hung out with had as little money as I did. That's the type of crowd that would be interested in a car of this magnitude. I doubt times have changed that much. We just dreamed of owning a 1,000 HP car. We barely had the $$ to race and put gas in the tank.

Last edited by NC01TA; 08-01-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 08-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe $8-9.5k. But I don't expect much more out of it.

Quick Reply: Highly modified 1999 Trans am value?