What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Formula WS6-7,600 miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 2000 Formula WS6-7,600 miles

That comma is not a typo...I am the original owner of this car and can verify that it only has seven-thousand miles. I'm currently an active duty military guy who is getting out next Spring and I may be forced to sell the car to support the family in the interim.

It is Pewter metallic, T-Tops, M6, Ebony Leather, 6-Disc CD changer, Trac. Control, power everything except the inflatable side bolster seats (TA only). Original tires on original salad-shooter wheels, of which I've only seen one other in person in the last 13 years. Always garaged, only seen rain once by accident.

Over the years I have swapped in a pair of Patriot Stage 2 heads with Pat G cam, ceramic coated Mac mid-length headers and y-pipe, B&B Tri-Flo Stainless cat back. Have all original parts and can be swapped back to bone stock in a weekend if needed.

Everybody knows they only made 233 Formula WS6 cars in 2000, which was also the last year before all WS6s were TA's. I know what the KBB and NADA books say...but I kinda think this one might be worth a little more. What do you guys think? What should I ask for it? Any offers?
Attached Thumbnails 2000 Formula WS6-7,600 miles-pict0004.jpg   2000 Formula WS6-7,600 miles-pict0009.jpg   2000 Formula WS6-7,600 miles-pict0006.jpg  
Old 09-24-2013, 06:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

A beautiful and very desirable car!
You are spot on with your assessment of the book values for your Formula. Cars with under 10,000 miles definitely have premiums attached to them. However you will get no premium whatsoever with those modifications to the car. NONE!!! Return the car to stock even if it costs you $1,000. With the car being 'stock' it will appeal to every type of buyer, from a collector to a person wanting a 'like new' car to drive. Leave the original tires on the car in case you get a collector wanting to buy it. They may just store the car away and will want those original tires. Someone wanting to drive the car will factor in the $600+ price for a new set of tires.
For a 'private party' sale I would ask $16,000 - $16,500 if the car is truly excellent once brought back to 'stock'. It would be up to you how low you would want to go after negotiations. If you get no calls whatsoever after a few weeks then you might have to ask less if you need to sell soon. As I've stated before in other posts, this is rapidly approaching a tough time to sell cars (the holiday season). As it is, you will have to be patient to find that collector or buyer to pay top $$ for your WS6. Sometimes it can happen quick, other times it can take months.
If you leave the car with the mods it is only a $12,000 car all day long since the Formula will appeal to a much smaller buyer's market. Mods equal abuse in many buyer's eyes whether real or imagined. It deeply affects the price and market for car like yours. We are talking a 7,600 miles car, not 76,000 miles where it really would not matter as much.
Do NOT put this car on CL unless you want every scumbag in the FL panhandle to see your car for a test drive. There are also those that love to scam military people. Be careful! Put this car on Autotrader at the very least. A car of this stature with it's ultra low miles is also worthy of Hemmings where you will reach the collector market and buyers that have the $$.
Thanks for your service and I hope you do well.

Quick Reply: 2000 Formula WS6-7,600 miles